Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 07:45 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,252,512 times

Advertisements

Georgia and Virginia IMO.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:13 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Not from MY experience, in every case where I was an old school "Gentleman" the female in question loved it.
I'll second that.

I'll never forget a double date I went on back in college circa '06 or so with a girl I'd met online (yeah, I'll admit it... ), and then her friend/roommate and a fellow she'd met. I drove everyone in my car, a late-model, optioned-out and tuned-up Jetta, which I'd spent a couple hours detailing inside and out. When I picked them all up at their place, we walked downstairs and I immediately opened all the doors to let everyone in, asked if the music selection was okay, and started driving to the restaurant. The other guy said that it was a nice car, but made sure to add that he was "going to get a BMW in a couple semesters," and noted that he had a VW in high school.

We got to the restaurant, and as we neared the door, I stepped in front and opened it for everyone. He smiled and said, "thanks," then walked through before the girls, who gave eachother a knowing look. I played the night very cool, politely ignored the guy's boasts and gently brushed aside any digs he made at me, and when the bill came and we were five bucks short not including the tip and he stated that he had "paid his share," I plopped down another twenty without any fuss.

We dropped him off at his place.

Guess how my night went

But, back to the original point of the thread...

I will say that outside of the construction yards and docks I worked on in my teens in Boston with other dudes, some of the most profane, vulgar, and unpolished people I've encountered are women in their mid-30's or below in NYC, LA, and to a somewhat lesser degree, SF, most of whom are actually fairly physically attractive (in good shape, well-primped, high-couture) and at least middle- to upper-middle class, post-college sorts who have office jobs and deign to live a sort of Sex and the City lifestyle. I find it to be pretty obnoxious...

Last edited by 415_s2k; 02-19-2012 at 04:28 AM..

Old 02-19-2012, 04:15 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Delaware.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:29 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
I guess anywhere in the deep South except Florida and Louisiana.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:33 AM

151 posts, read 366,696 times
Oklahoma

Old 02-20-2012, 03:10 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahl_Wrighter View Post
I would take IL, IN, KY, and probably MO off that list. I don't know where some of you guys are seeing these "feminine" women in the midwest, but it seems like the frumpy, big jeans, hoody wearing female is more prevalent here than back on the east coast. Hell, here in Cincinnati, it's not all that uncommon to spot a woman wearing a Carhartt jacket......That definitely screams femininity.
To me clothes aren't really much of an indication. In Califiornia you have girls wearing fancy dresses, high heels, tons of makeup and sometimes jewellry, who certainly don't act very ladylike at all.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,886,180 times
Nothing beats a lady who smells great, looks great hiking a mountain or dressed to the 9's and isn't afraid of either, keeps herself smooth shaved, listens well, accepts me as I am, knows how to cook well, has a good education but is humble so can talk with me about topics as diverse as politics or history or space exploration yet doesn't dominate conversations, and who is financially responsible, i.e. keeps her shopping/spending in check.

Fortunately, I have such a woman! Took me a long time to find her but she does exist! Men, you don't have to settle for women who take away your masculinity.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,451,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Too bad if it burns your biscuits that I like to see a lady in a dress rather than sweats.

I've lived in different parts of the country and didn't go for the so-called "natural" look of the women from other parts (Northeast and upper West Coast especially) of the country different than Oklahoma/Texas. We've always called 'em "Granolas".

We don't mind our ladies looking smokin' hot and getting gussied up for their men down in these parts in the South-Central.

Each to his own though.
That's fine as long as you're willing to do the same.

Contrary to what many men seem to believe, us women do appreciate men who look put together.

Don't worry, we won't assume that you're "gay". Only insecure men (usually sloppily dressed) call well-dressed men "gay".

Old 02-20-2012, 09:41 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
That's fine as long as you're willing to do the same.

Contrary to what many men seem to believe, us women do appreciate men who look put together.

Don't worry, we won't assume that you're "gay". Only insecure men (usually sloppily dressed) call well-dressed men "gay".
>>>>>
<<<<<

Yep. Most ladies I know down here won't go out with a young man if he's not looking sharp too.

I can't imagine a well-dressed young lady going out with a young man who wasn't at least wearing some nice jeans/slacks, polished shoes, and a nice shirt.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:17 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Too bad if it burns your biscuits that I like to see a lady in a dress rather than sweats.

I've lived in different parts of the country and didn't go for the so-called "natural" look of the women from other parts (Northeast and upper West Coast especially) of the country different than Oklahoma/Texas. We've always called 'em "Granolas".

We don't mind our ladies looking smokin' hot and getting gussied up for their men down in these parts in the South-Central.

Each to his own though.
And I am not kidding when I say I am very attracted to a man immaculately turned out in a well cut suit. I find such men appear powerful and incredibly sexy. Sorry, if that's not your style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.