Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 04:17 AM

11 posts, read 13,689 times

Advertisements

ok you guys i'm new to this and hoping someone can help me to finally figure out where i want to live...i'm orginally from new orleans and now i live in houston (i hate...sorry) but i'm looking forward to move to either seattle, denver, pittsburgh, atlanta, boston, charlotte, chicago, minneapolis or cincinnati has anyone every lived or visited any of these places please help me out...i need cost of living, crime rates, schooling, job opps (i'm a medical assistant now) activities (nieces & nephews will visit every summer) and anything anyone can think of please and thank you!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 07:55 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,984,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move2012 View Post
ok you guys i'm new to this and hoping someone can help me to finally figure out where i want to live...i'm orginally from new orleans and now i live in houston (i hate...sorry) but i'm looking forward to move to either seattle, denver, pittsburgh, atlanta, boston, charlotte, chicago, minneapolis or cincinnati has anyone every lived or visited any of these places please help me out...i need cost of living, crime rates, schooling, job opps (i'm a medical assistant now) activities (nieces & nephews will visit every summer) and anything anyone can think of please and thank you!!!!!
Without running into lengthy comparisons between all of them (factoring work/salary options versus cost of living, crime issues and recreational options) I would say Charlotte might be the easiest move with less economic stress and less weather or culture shock than others on your list.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:01 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,419,357 times
You didnt list Dallas but this area is very different from Houston climate wise and with hills compared to Houston and NO. But Dallas has a better economy than most alternatives you listed and isnt too far from NO if you want to be near family there. Dallas is similar to Houston cost of living and is an easy drive to check out if you want over a weekend. Good luck, and no worries that you dont like Houston, if everyone did who would live in NYC, LA etc and you think traffic is bad now imagine ?

Old 06-01-2012, 09:37 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
You didnt list Dallas but this area is very different from Houston climate wise and with hills compared to Houston and NO. But Dallas has a better economy than most alternatives you listed and isnt too far from NO if you want to be near family there. Dallas is similar to Houston cost of living and is an easy drive to check out if you want over a weekend. Good luck, and no worries that you dont like Houston, if everyone did who would live in NYC, LA etc and you think traffic is bad now imagine ?
I've lived in Texas before and if I wanted to experience new culture, I would not move within the state to another city. Houston to Dallas is pretty much pointless. The OP should definitely just take a wild chance and move to Seattle.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:50 PM

10,756 posts, read 23,840,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
I've been to Dallas, those arn't hills. Rolling prairie perhaps but the topography in the DFW area is pretty dull and uninspiring. OP listed Seattle and Pittsburgh, Now those are HILLS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.