Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 AM

6 posts, read 34,758 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone
I am new on this forum. I currently live in france but I plan to live in the USA in a few years, and I don't really know where to go, your country is so big.
i am looking for a State where it is good to live, where life is not too expensive and where i can easily find a job.i need some advice please.thank you for reading my post. sorry for my english.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 09:09 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,515,157 times
Indianapolis would be a great choice for a number of reasons.
#1 Indy has the lowest cost of living of any major US city. Indy is near the top of the list as most affordable major cities to live in.
Indy's cost of living for example is 50% lower than New York City and 40% lower than Los Angeles. Indianapolis has the nations most affordable housing market which is very helpful and one of the reasons Indy has a higher immigration growth rate than even Chicago.
Indianapolis has a very nice open minded culture that is very accepting of others and their culture/beliefs. You wont feel excluded in Indy and youll fit right in.
Finally Indianapolis has a very strong job market. Unemployment is at or below 7% which is below the national average. Indiana also has the 5th best business climate in the country. Which translates into more jobs coming in the future. Finding a job shouldnt be hard at all in Indy and our city is the fastest growing city in the Midwestern United States

Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 AM

Thank you so much for your reply!

Old 11-25-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsyravel View Post
Thank you so much for your reply!
oh i almost forgot.
Chicago is only a 3 hour drive from Indy too for a weekend gettaway. Chicago if you didnt know is the 3rd largest city in the United States

Old 11-25-2012, 10:49 AM

now you make me wanna live in indianapolis
I look forward to visiting it for my next vacation.Again thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsyravel View Post
now you make me wanna live in indianapolis
I look forward to visiting it for my next vacation.Again thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!
Make sure you visit the Indianapolis motor speedway and the hall of fame museum.
Im sure you have heard of the Indianapolis 500. The museum is a wonderful sight and its located in the centerfield of the speedway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.