Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 03:18 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
nah, im not, thats the way it is, and thats real
ahahahaha

you're cute, i've never been to walmart or red lobster in years....

Old 05-01-2013, 03:21 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
It's true that there are a lot of Americans who live insulated lives and lack a sense of curiosity about the world. However, this is also true for most people in the world. 99% of the time, people are only focused on what's going on in their own locality or region. Anyone who has traveled to other countries can clearly see this.

On top of this, the U.S. is a pretty large country and the vast majority of Americans are occupied enough with living their own lives to not have much time to care about what's going on in the rest of the world.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:35 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
ahahahaha

you're cute, i've never been to walmart or red lobster in years....
lol well i been to walmart last week
but im jus sayin this is all that most people do, they dont care to learn about foreign things, other cultures, even other US cities, etc
america is very insulated for a developed country

Old 05-01-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It's true that there are a lot of Americans who live insulated lives and lack a sense of curiosity about the world. However, this is also true for most people in the world. 99% of the time, people are only focused on what's going on in their own locality or region. Anyone who has traveled to other countries can clearly see this.

On top of this, the U.S. is a pretty large country and the vast majority of Americans are occupied enough with living their own lives to not have much time to care about what's going on in the rest of the world.
on average, americans are still much less curious about the world, and there are diff reasons for it, but thats the truth
that said, america is still the best country to live in, esp for immigrants, which was the topic of this ratchet thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:21 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
lol well i been to walmart last week
but im jus sayin this is all that most people do, they dont care to learn about foreign things, other cultures, even other US cities, etc
america is very insulated for a developed country
Again...it sounds like you're speaking for the company you keep. Americans I know (and in general) aren't like the ones you're describing. Maybe it's time to look for a better quality of friends?

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 05-01-2013 at 06:52 PM..

Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
on average, americans are still much less curious about the world, and there are diff reasons for it, but thats the truth
that said, america is still the best country to live in, esp for immigrants, which was the topic of this ratchet thread
Do you have any corroboration for that statement? Any stats or such?

Old 05-01-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do you have any corroboration for that statement? Any stats or such?
thas my opinion as a an immigrant livin here, and its the truth, aks anyone in the world to compare, ull get the same answers, the only people this doesnt usually apply to are the people livin in major american cities, but they are not the majority
im not gon bother lookin for stats, but u feel free, im sure u can find someth on that

Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
thas my opinion as a an immigrant livin here, and its the truth, aks anyone in the world to compare, ull get the same answers, the only people this doesnt usually apply to are the people livin in major american cities, but they are not the majority
im not gon bother lookin for stats, but u feel free, im sure u can find someth on that
So...the answer is no, as we already knew.

The ONLY people who aren't as you described live in cities? You are continuing to make me laugh - it's so ridiculous.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Surely you know how to play nice here on CD. If you say something, and you're challenged, it's up to you to prove it, not the other way around.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Alright you're cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.