Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 12:14 PM

6 posts, read 5,242 times

Advertisements

Currently working for a company in Northern Ireland, which is investigating setting up offices within the US. The company has several large customers based throughout the US, and office is to be set up facilitate these contracts and increase business.

I am now involved in investigating possible location for new US operation, which would also involve moving myself & young family to the US on L1 & L2 visas respectively.

Some aspects which would be top priority for the company. Company works within the material & bulk handling industry, supplying to mines, quarries, ports, recycling etc etc

- Access to new office from Ireland / UK ie. airport
- Time difference approx. 6 hours from UK. (so probably rules out West coast)
- Good transport links to the whole of the US. ie road transport & air
- Reasonable cost of living ie. wage levels
- Main customers currently located in northern states

Aspects required from a personal basis

- good education
- less weather extremes (warmer climate)
- good schools
- affordable housing
- areas with housing that walkable to shopping areas

I know there is a lot of things listed above, but any advise will be taken on board and help with my investigation.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 01:48 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,423,667 times
The Northeastern U.S., which is closest to Ireland, has the largest Irish population, and has the best access to Irish/UK airports. Probably the NYC area is best.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:19 PM

6 posts, read 5,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiVegas View Post
The Northeastern U.S., which is closest to Ireland, has the largest Irish population, and has the best access to Irish/UK airports. Probably the NYC area is best.
Thanks. Have to agree that North Eastern area has great links with both Ireland and UK, so that is a big plus point.

Other areas I have been looking into are, western North Carolina, Tennesse near Nashville, Georia Atlanta area, and Kentuckey Louisville. I name these mainly due to climate.

Illinois & Ohio also on the list, as current customers locations near by

Old 01-31-2014, 10:05 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,624,526 times
Maby check out the Texas cities Houston, Dallas or even Austin

Houston
Greater Houston Partnership (GHP) | Houston, TX

Houston Hotels, Events, Things to Do - Official Vacation Info - Visit Houston Texas

Dallas
Home - Dallas Regional Chamber

Dallas Hotels, Things to Do, Events, Restaurants & Vacation Guide

Austin
The Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce - Connect. Impact. Prosper.

Austin, TX | Explore Hotels, Music, Restaurants, and Things to Do

British Airways begins nonstop service to Austin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.