Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 12:42 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times

Advertisements

Michigan

You’re a smart, friendly, and relaxed person. You can get along with most folks relatively easily - it’s just not a challenge for you. You’re easy going and not likely to get involved in other’s business. You just keep doing the Mich thing, because it’s working for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 09:18 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,856,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Michigan

You’re a smart, friendly, and relaxed person. You can get along with most folks relatively easily - it’s just not a challenge for you. You’re easy going and not likely to get involved in other’s business. You just keep doing the Mich thing, because it’s working for you.
I also got the state shaped like a mitten. I agree with most of this. I'm not very smart or friendly, and I wish that I could turn off and relax. That said, I'd take Michigan!

Old 02-15-2014, 11:41 AM

368 posts, read 395,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonica_Blues View Post
You got: Louisiana

You’re the life of any party and someone who is great to have on your side. You can probably drink like 10-15 beers at once. Not even in succession, at once. You’re a creative person, and even if you get a little wild from time to time, you’re a good person to know no matter what.

Probably because I picked Popeye's and Ellen DeGeneres...I actually hate the heat and humidity and even though I wouldn't mind visiting, I would not live here haha.

The creativity and being able to hold my alcohol sounds right...but I ain't no life of a party.
Also from Connecticut and also got Louisiana. Just curious, what animal did you pick? I had no idea the road runners' habitat stretched that far east (although rare in Louisiana, from what I have read) so that plus Popeye's definitely sealed the deal for me. As for the humidity, I don't hate it per se, but it does tire me out after so many days of it in a row. I'd rather be there right now than here, though. Louisiana got walloped by snow but it is sunny and beautiful in Baton Rouge now and looks good the rest of the week. I remember when February's here had great weather and we'd actually get an early spring. The last two February's have been ones for the record books and there is still more snow to come.

For the heck of it, I went back and changed Popeye's only (to Jerry's Subs) and got Wisconsin which I see hasn't been listed yet, so here goes:

You are down for anything, anywhere, anytime. You love meeting and hanging out with new people. But you already know that. In conclusion, GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS! GO PACKERS!

Well, I do enjoy meeting and hanging out with new people but am far from spontaneous. Anything - no. Anywhere - sure. Anytime - definitely not! Funny thing about the Packers though. I am a Jets fan, but could have easily been a Packers fan because my dad's a fan of theirs.

Last edited by UconnHuskies630; 02-15-2014 at 12:05 PM..

Old 02-15-2014, 12:33 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,013 times
I took this three times.

The first time I answered based on my own personal preferences (or at least those I had to settle on with the options provided) and, to my total perplexity, was identified as a would-be Wisconsinite.

The second time, just for fun, I wanted to see if I could answer every question from the perspective of your stereotypical Southern bumpkin and successfully matched myself with Alabama (I was aiming for Mississippi, but that's definitely close enough).

And then the third time, just for fun, I tried to answer every question from the perspective of your stereotypical hoity-toity urbanite (with New York or Massachusetts in mind) and was actually matched with my home-state of MONTANA.

Strange calculations, needless to say.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:07 PM

9,523 posts, read 16,503,270 times
I got New Jersey and I have no idea why. Nothing against NJ but I have never had any interest in the state. The questions really don't make much sense. I can't figure out how a match comes from such questions. The restaurants I don't go to, so I just had to randomly pick something. I picked Sbarro because I think I have been there, in a food court once or twice. Dunkin Donuts doesn't mean a thing to me, even though I live in Massachusetts where DD is based. I picked a horse and I picked a mountain view in those pictures. None of my answers would lean towards NJ. Other than the fact Sbarro's is based in NJ. Perhaps if I picked Dunkin Donuts on the restaurants it would have given me Massachusetts. Who knows, a rather strange but fun little quiz.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:43 PM

37 posts, read 98,415 times
Quote:
You got: Oregon
You’re the most creative person in any group. Others look to you for advice on how to better spice up things, and they should: you’re basically a the human version of hot sauce. You spice up the blandest occasions. You’re always on the cutting edge of the newest thing. You ever hear of Tire Gum? Andrew’s Sister? Plaid Dads? Of course you have.
I haven't heard of any of those things. I just clicked the Beaver and the Goonie's quote!

Old 02-17-2014, 06:43 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
You got: Alaska

Do you like trees? I’m guessing you like trees. Good news: Alaska has a lot of trees. You’re someone who appreciates kickin’ back and watching the day go by. Being stressed out is never on your plan for the day. Here’s to taking to easy.
Alaska. Certainly does appeal to me. VT, NH, CO also appeal to me.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:24 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
LOL. I got Maine. Lived there for 20 years, which in my opinion was 19.75 years too long. Moved there when I was 20 and it took me that long to get the hell back out. I hated living in that State.
What did you disliked about Maine?

Old 02-17-2014, 08:00 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,096,767 times
  1. You got: Mississippi

Everyone knows about you - you’re hard to forget. You make a great first impression and leave a lasting one in most folk’s minds. You’re easy to get along with, and a very pleasant human being. You’ve also most likely got an ’S’ in your name. That’s cool too.

This made my night. I was cracking up laughing reading the above quote. I do have an S in my name. Thanks this is hilarious.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,532,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I got New Jersey and I have no idea why. Nothing against NJ but I have never had any interest in the state. The questions really don't make much sense. I can't figure out how a match comes from such questions. The restaurants I don't go to, so I just had to randomly pick something. I picked Sbarro because I think I have been there, in a food court once or twice. Dunkin Donuts doesn't mean a thing to me, even though I live in Massachusetts where DD is based. I picked a horse and I picked a mountain view in those pictures. None of my answers would lean towards NJ. Other than the fact Sbarro's is based in NJ. Perhaps if I picked Dunkin Donuts on the restaurants it would have given me Massachusetts. Who knows, a rather strange but fun little quiz.

Maybe you should give New Jersey a visit. Sounds like you will love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.