Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,008 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am new to US and residing in California since 2 months. My new job requires me to move to either Florida (unsure which place specifically) or Texas (Dallas). I am a single female and interested in more of an active place where I have lots of activities to do and a safe location to live. I am also looking rent a 1 bedroom house initially and then eventually looking to buy one. I am so confused making a decision on this and would really appreciate any help. I would like some comparison between both places particularly in regards to people and community, houses, living expenses, tax, activities to do, safety, and weather. Please help.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 01:10 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffodil10 View Post
Hi,

I am new to US and residing in California since 2 months. My new job requires me to move to either Florida (unsure which place specifically) or Texas (Dallas). I am a single female and interested in more of an active place where I have lots of activities to do and a safe location to live. I am also looking rent a 1 bedroom house initially and then eventually looking to buy one. I am so confused making a decision on this and would really appreciate any help. I would like some comparison between both places particularly in regards to people and community, houses, living expenses, tax, activities to do, safety, and weather. Please help.

Thanks
weather, Florida wins hands down. Dallas gets cold during winter. Active place and lots of activites def would be Miami. Living expenses Dallas might have the edge.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:12 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Where are you from? And Florida is a BIG state without knowing where in Florida it is impossible to give you advice.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:49 PM

790 posts, read 1,269,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
weather, Florida wins hands down. Dallas gets cold during winter. Active place and lots of activites def would be Miami. Living expenses Dallas might have the edge.
Really? Texas has really nice weather without the pollen and less humidity.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:00 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Really? Texas has really nice weather without the pollen and less humidity.
depends where in Texas. Corpus Christi, Houston has nice weather. Agree Texas and Florida are both too broad. ACtive lifestyle i would throw in Austin because of the cycling paths

Old 04-14-2014, 03:10 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,900,833 times
It depends on what one considers nice weather. My son was just in Dallas for two months and enjoyed the cold weather. The first thing he said when he stepped foot outside of MIA was how hot it was - and it's the fairly nice time of the year here. It was 11 pm too. Not everyone likes endless summers.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:49 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,831,709 times
We have pollen in FL?

Old 04-15-2014, 01:53 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,900,833 times
Haha - I can see why you'd think there isn't any pollen here, but weed pollen counts are very high now and have been for awhile.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:26 AM

49 posts, read 63,128 times
Sorry OP to get onboard, but as I am trying to make similar decision, (TAMU, UF or VTech for my phd in urban planning studies), the information here is helping me too!
In my particular case it would be College Station, TX -vs- Gainesville, FL -vs- Blacksburg/Alexandria, VA.

As so, a TX - FL comparison would be great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
View detailed profiles of: