Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 06:01 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
And I can't believe I have to argue the point if my tia had pelotas, she'd be my tio. It's "only the law"? Try telling that to this guy: Texas man facing possible life sentence for pot brownies | KHON2

Perhaps we are arguing two different points and it’s appropriate to make a distinction between the presence of a significant “marijuana culture” vs. the culture of the state at-large with regard to marijuana. The former exists in TX- and in most states- whereas there is considerable variance among the states concerning the latter. Otherwise, what until this point has prevented a sufficient number of Texans from providing sick people access to Med Mar? Hint: It rhymes with “culture”.
Actually it's the politicians. Texans want it legalize. The State government doesn't, but now Perry is for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 06:05 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Actually it's the politicians. Texans want it legalize. The State government doesn't, but now Perry is for it.
And who put them in power?

Old 05-21-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
And who put them in power?
About 65% of the 20% of voters that vote in this state.

However, you're point fails because this is about marijuana. Republicans love weed. Its only been outlawed because it being criminalized plays a significant part in our states economy.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:

However, you're point fails because this is about marijuana. Republicans love weed. Its only been outlawed because it being criminalized plays a significant part in our states economy.
Well, here's to y'all giving them the boot.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:44 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Well, here's to y'all giving them the boot.
Won't have to. This is his last few months anyway.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
"Your". I was going to let this slide, but its just too ridonculous.

Your state has profited off criminalization more than other states because of your state's culture towards the unholy Reefer.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
"Your". I was going to let this slide, but its just too ridonculous.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:18 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,966,195 times
Quote:

Public Views of Marijuana

Libertarians might love weed, but the rest of the right disagrees. A solid majority of Republicans are still opposed to legalizing it.

It's no surprise that the only states to support medical marijuana and the only states to legalize it outright thus far have been blue states. It's true that Texas is highly gerrymandered and social conservatives have disproportionate influence in the state government, but even without that reform wouldn't be politically possible there. Texas will probably lag behind the rest of the country as the push for legalization slowly gains more support.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:56 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,714 times
Quote:
Is it not clear to you that he misspelled that intentionally? Because it is obvious to everyone else....

I use the term "Ridonculous" in every day converstations...

Old 05-22-2014, 12:33 PM

451 posts, read 562,372 times
I don't think you Texan homers are convincing anyone and you keep detracting from the main point of the thread as it relates to places with a strong marijuana culture..
If you had to break it up into tiers, I think it'd probably go:
Tier 1: Humboldt, Mendocino, SF, Oakland, Denver, Seattle, Portland, LA;
Tier 2: Any general major city within a state that has decriminalized or allows medical marijuana (at best, an argument could be made for Austin here);
Tier 3: All other areas in the US including Houston, Dallas, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.