Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 04:46 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricOldTime View Post
1.) Eastern Colorado?
2.) West Texas?
3.) Wyoming
4.) South Dakota
5.) Nevada
6.) Tough one, like alot of lakes in the eastern Appalachian chain, maybe Lake Champlain New York, Vermont border?
7.) California
8.) Virginia, just east of the Blue Ridge Mtns?
9.) This Must be Yosemite, California maybe Montana?
10.) North Dakota, somewhere in the plains...

How will we get the answers? Even if I get just "1" right I'll settle for that!
You had some close guesses, but no cigar. You went 0 for 10 on that round. No big deal, they were hard! I have posted the answers a few responses above your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricOldTime View Post
Number 2 was Illinois? With the cactus? I didn't get the right states, but I did get "bordering" states and at least a few were pretty close ot the same regions......so I think I did ok.
Yep, there are native cacti in Illinois, Ive run into several groups of them all over the state.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Whenever I put up pictures of sand prairies and cacti in Wisconsin, even my WI friends freak out. "That's in Wisconsin?" Yes, there are cacti in the Upper Midwest.

This was a good idea. The only one I knew for sure was Michigan, but I didn't want to add to the 1-for-10 group so I never piped up
I get the same response when I show people pics of Illinois cacti. I cant blame them for being shocked, as I was just as shocked one day when I was hiking and stumbled upon them in the wild. I thought they were planted there as a joke, but lo and behold, a little research revealed they grow all over the state in clusters!

Old 10-29-2014, 05:12 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,618,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
The mountains in the background are what gave it away. That's how I discounted South Carolina, et al.
Yeah, that's why I ruled out the southeast and Texas as well. That said, they seemed too low for the OR coastal range too, but I suppose at Seaside they're dipping down to the Columbia.

I don't have much excuse for missing that one since I've been in neighboring Gearhart a half dozen times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.