Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 03:02 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,863,211 times

Advertisements

Just curious what 5 cities are in the plans for a visit in the near future for the first time.

Dallas, TX
Austin, TX
Jacksonville, FL
Gainesville, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL

For some reason lately Dallas and Austin look very appealing. I have been looking at the different neighborhoods online and they both seem very lush with lots of trees.

Austin seems to have some really nice scenery with the hills, trees and rivers.

I really like Florida and want to go back there again. I spent a month there and really would like to visit again.

Really clean, orderly and lush state and I really like the coastline on both sides of the state with nice, warm water.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 10-22-2016 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 03:26 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Portland, OR
Cincinnati, OH
San Francisco, CA
Pittsburgh, PA
Salt Lake City, UT

All pretty scenic cities that I haven't been to. I was born in Florida, and hate being in that place, and while I've been to Dallas/Houston...I have absolutely no desire to go to Austin. I recently visited Minneapolis which for a long time was the #1 city I wanted to visit, and I loved it.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:10 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,708,049 times
New Orleans
Seattle
Portland
Boston
Miami

Old 10-22-2016, 08:41 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,471 times
Honolulu
New Orleans
Montreal
Charleston
Savannah

Old 10-22-2016, 09:30 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Well strictly looking at "new" cities to visit, there aren't a lot of major cities I haven't been to. Basically just ten I would consider, but I could only narrow it down to 6 lol:

Columbus - Seems like a lot of potential. Newer city, strong university base and a state capital.

SLC - Punches above its weight, particularly in rail-based transit.

Grand Rapids - A nice alternative in Michigan (i've really only spent time in Detroit and AA) and Art Prize is on my bucket list.

Omaha - Punches way above its weight. Also would like to see Warren Buffet's home/hood.

Albuquerque/Santa Fe - Never been to the state. Would like the artsy vibe and the drastic change in scenery for me.

Des Moines - Yet another above its weight puncher and receiving lots of acclaim lately.

For fun I'm throwing in a top 5 that I've technically been to but not terribly familiar with.

Phoenix - By far the largest metro that I haven't been to since I was a little kid.

San Diego - Have never been to the actual city...just spent time in La Jolla. Many people I know love it here.

Denver - Similarities to MSP and Seattle, two cities that I LOVE!

Charlotte - It's been about 15 years since I visited. Never seen the urban renewal or light rail.

Buffalo - I have only passed through on my visits to Niagara Falls. Always seemed to have good bones and there's nice stories coming out about its tech renaissance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Dallas, TX
Austin, TX
Jacksonville, FL
Gainesville, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Jax? Interesting. It's probably a lot like Gilbert. Gainesville is basically a medium-sized college town. I liked it for college but not a lot to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I recently visited Minneapolis which for a long time was the #1 city I wanted to visit, and I loved it.
Yeah, I visited MSP for the first time last year and I liked it so much that I went again. Prior to my first visit it had been on the top of my list for a long time...did not disappoint.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:05 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times
1.Seattle
2.LA,CA
3.Red River,NM
4.Southlake,Texas
5.Las Cruces

Old 10-24-2016, 05:34 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Louisville
Omaha
Dallas

Old 10-24-2016, 06:36 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
1. Fort Kent ME
2. Cave City KY
3. Adamsville TN
4. Hartland NB
5. Clayton GA

Old 10-24-2016, 07:40 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Cleveland or Cincinnati (can't decide which)
New Orleans
Charleston, SC
Savannah, GA
Louisville, KY

I am sure I would find much to love as a visitor in each city.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:45 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
Honolulu
New Orleans
Montreal
Charleston
Savannah
We should travel together. Montreal sounds great. Finally went to Hawaii (Kauai) for the first time last week- (it was wonderful) but Honolulu doesn't hold much appeal to me so we'll have to arm wrestle or part ways for the final destination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.