Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:12 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Santa Barbara, California...It just doesnt seem fair that people get to live in that gorgeous city.
Move there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 09:50 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,349,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Alexus, let's hope your neighbors don't mind living next to a narrow minded individual, by the sound of the post.
My thoughts exactly!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Scranton, Pennsylvania, home of "The Office!" Haven't we all at one point or another had a suggestive dream in our sleep about living large in good 'ole Scranton??!!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:42 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,191,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I'm still searching for that place. I want to be in a place that has the character and depth that defines a European village where they make violins and play classical music as a matter of course. I don't want to be around ignorance, hip-hop, rap, Britney Spears wannabes, 50 cent thug wannabes, or the honky tonk. I don't care for fluff, frivolity, and phony Hollywood glitz. I don't want George Bush, Strom Thurmond, Dick Cheney, or Newt Gingrich as my neighbors. I don't want to live in an area comprised mainly of asians and indians, lest I fall into a state of depression from lack of stimulating conversation and meaningful interaction. I don't want to live in an all-white area where neighbors are superficially friendly, distant, and afraid of people from different cultures and backgrounds who are not white. I don't care for a house on a street or many houses, symbolizing isolation tanks where the only moving aspect is tumbleweed and passing cars. I don't want to live around Mexicans who are ignorant. I don't want to be around narrow-minded people, people who have never ventured outside an area such as the south side of Milwaukee. I don't want to live around gang-bangers, punk rockers, or like OMG California valley girls. I prefer warmer temperatures to colder, but can tolerate seasons not too severe. Price of homes is not a concern. It should be a place that has a vibrant job market, and top schools including universities. I don't have to live in the city, but close....

Not too much I want in a place, right? Ideas?
I certainly don't see eye-to-eye with you, nor do I like a lot of what you say, but kudos to you for opening up and showing us your heart--I hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:30 PM

1,574 posts, read 5,116,314 times
I have a feeling Alexus is not happy with her current situation

Old 03-05-2008, 01:00 AM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I'm still searching for that place. I want to be in a place that has the character and depth that defines a European village where they make violins and play classical music as a matter of course. I don't want to be around ignorance, hip-hop, rap, Britney Spears wannabes, 50 cent thug wannabes, or the honky tonk. I don't care for fluff, frivolity, and phony Hollywood glitz. I don't want George Bush, Strom Thurmond, Dick Cheney, or Newt Gingrich as my neighbors. I don't want to live in an area comprised mainly of asians and indians, lest I fall into a state of depression from lack of stimulating conversation and meaningful interaction. I don't want to live in an all-white area where neighbors are superficially friendly, distant, and afraid of people from different cultures and backgrounds who are not white. I don't care for a house on a street or many houses, symbolizing isolation tanks where the only moving aspect is tumbleweed and passing cars. I don't want to live around Mexicans who are ignorant. I don't want to be around narrow-minded people, people who have never ventured outside an area such as the south side of Milwaukee. I don't want to live around gang-bangers, punk rockers, or like OMG California valley girls. I prefer warmer temperatures to colder, but can tolerate seasons not too severe. Price of homes is not a concern. It should be a place that has a vibrant job market, and top schools including universities. I don't have to live in the city, but close....

Not too much I want in a place, right? Ideas?
Hayes Valley, San Francisco
Lower Haight, San Francisco
Bernal Heights, San Francisco
Duboce Triangle, San Francisco
Polk Gulch, San Francisco
Rockridge, Oakland
Temescal, Oakland
Laurel District, Oakland
Dimond District, Oakland
Adams Point, Oakland
Culver City, Los Angeles
Silverlake, Los Angeles
Belmont Shore, Long Beach

Old 03-05-2008, 01:42 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times
Manhattan probably.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:42 AM

1,576 posts, read 6,349,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
I have a feeling Alexus is not happy with her current situation
And she lives in Northern California presently, so I'm not sure what location would be an improvement for her that would also meet her numerous and often contradictory criteria. Somewhere in Europe perhaps? Maybe a German or Austrian town where they "make violins and play classical music as a matter of course."

Old 03-05-2008, 10:45 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,472,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolavanatta View Post
...where would you move? And why?
Actually now looking to move to Vancouver...but if I couldn't get in for some reason I might stay close to the border in WA.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:40 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Maggie Valley North Carolina, to me it's the most beautiful place in the world. I love the mountains and cool air and the fact they have four seasons and summers are not boiling hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.