Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 01:35 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,129,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Re: Palm Springs

My husband and I visited there for a few days last winter. I didn’t notice the gays but it did look like a retirement or second-homer city (golf courses, condos). However, my husband said someone who lives there asked extensively what we had done and liked, and would we come back again? We got the impression they were trying to expand their appeal to more people.

We loved visiting there and would return, though not our cup of tea for living in. No golf for us—the hiking was great! And the fresh almond toffee made in Cathedral City. The airport is my favorite of all!!!! The beautiful, airy outdoors atrium made waiting for the flight pleasant.
Sorry, late reply.

Yes, Palm Springs is still a resort-vibe type city. In fact, almost the rest of the nine Desert Cities (Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, Coachella) are, as well (Coachella is more agricultural than resort-vibe).

Yeah, no golf for me, either (in my late teen's)... But, there are many, many amazing restaurants to choose from throughout the Coachella Valley, such as Villagio Neighborhood Pizza Kitchen (Palm Desert), Las Casuelas Café (Palm Desert), Mario's Italian Restaurant, Sloan's (Indio), and so much more!

It sounded like you guys had a great experience in the Coachella Valley!

Last edited by Brandon Graves; 01-24-2018 at 01:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 09:49 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,693,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Graves View Post
Sorry, late reply.

Yes, Palm Springs is still a resort-vibe type city. In fact, almost the rest of the nine Desert Cities (Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, Coachella) are, as well (Coachella is more agricultural than resort-vibe).

Yeah, no golf for me, either (in my late teen's)... But, there are many, many amazing restaurants to choose from throughout the Coachella Valley, such as Villagio Neighborhood Pizza Kitchen (Palm Desert), Las Casuelas Café (Palm Desert), Mario's Italian Restaurant, Sloan's (Indio), and so much more!

It sounded like you guys had a great experience in the Coachella Valley!
Yes, we enjoyed our short stay there. I’d been in the area before, long ago. LOVE those big fresh dates!

Old 01-25-2018, 11:12 AM

1,377 posts, read 2,129,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Yes, we enjoyed our short stay there. I’d been in the area before, long ago. LOVE those big fresh dates!
Shield's Date Garden (Indio) and/or Oasis Date Gardens (Thermal) are the places to get them!

Old 01-27-2018, 10:34 AM

16,070 posts, read 10,729,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Ruidoso,New Mexico is not in the desert,SunGrins....its in the mountains.
Yeah but it isn’t too far from White Sands and it has other charms. You are right... you can’t walk out your front door into the desert like in parts of Rio Rancho where I live. There are interesting places as desert mountains — the Sierra Ladrones near Socorro would be an example. Between Santa Fe and Albuquerque you have Placitas and Algodones and Bernalillo (maybe too congested these days). Los Alamos is west of Santa Fe. Bernalillo might be a good place to start a business being on the interstate about 15 miles north of Albuquerque and sandwiched between Placitas and Rio Rancho.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:08 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,371,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Yeah but it isn’t too far from White Sands and it has other charms. You are right... you can’t walk out your front door into the desert like in parts of Rio Rancho where I live. There are interesting places as desert mountains — the Sierra Ladrones near Socorro would be an example. Between Santa Fe and Albuquerque you have Placitas and Algodones and Bernalillo (maybe too congested these days). Los Alamos is west of Santa Fe. Bernalillo might be a good place to start a business being on the interstate about 15 miles north of Albuquerque and sandwiched between Placitas and Rio Rancho.
Thanks....ya Ruidoso aint that far from the White Sands near Alamogordo.Good points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.