Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 07:18 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Nor Nevada, or Florida. Not sure I understand your post. I don't think this has much to do with oil, but someone can correct me.
It doesnt have much to do with oil...your right....I dont need to live somewhere wheres theres oil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
I'm sure the OP won't be leaving Texas unless it's in the southwest. No way is it north of the panhandle ..... This from comments thru other post and threads over the months.

Now back to Texas boosting as cheapest best state. But the OP knows all this.
Ya I think your right DavePa.I think Arizona and New Mexico are the states i have the best shot at leaving Texas for.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:16 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Well California or Colorado are a lot less likely for me to live in than Arizona and New Mexico.I am thinking of leaving because Arizona and New Mexico have always intrigued me.
I'm not really sure what they would have that you can't get in Texas. Change is good, but I wouldn't move from Dallas to OKC and expect any value there.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,509,156 times
I'd stay in TX, no question about it. Lower cost of living AND no income tax compared to CA/CO.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I'm not really sure what they would have that you can't get in Texas. Change is good, but I wouldn't move from Dallas to OKC and expect any value there.
Good point.I dont know....I guess i want to move because New Mexico has always appealed to me and part of me wants to experience life outside of Texas for a short time.I want to live in New Mexico even more cuz I came close to living there a few years ago.Maybe it would better to just vacation in Arizona and New Mexico instead of living there.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I'd stay in TX, no question about it. Lower cost of living AND no income tax compared to CA/CO.
Okay thanks march2.I appreciate your input and advice.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
When you go above about $250K- $300K, it starts becoming a factor to live in a no state income tax state. While it's true that states have to get their money somehow, states with no state income tax can make a real difference to high income earners and states with low or no property taxes for seniors can make a difference in retirement.

I didn't even consider the no state income tax when I moved to Washington state but I noticed the difference immediately in my checks and as my income rose, I wouldn't consider leaving unless I went to another no state income state. Now that I retired last month, my options are open.
Thats true....we will just have to see if i ever get that to that income level,Tall Traveler.It just depends on how oil goes for me.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:23 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Good point.I dont know....I guess i want to move because New Mexico has always appealed to me and part of me wants to experience life outside of Texas for a short time.I want to live in New Mexico even more cuz I came close to living there a few years ago.Maybe it would better to just vacation in Arizona and New Mexico instead of living there.
Grass is not always greener.....but seems like you have the means, make a bigger move, for one year. If you hate it, which is likely, move back.

If it weren't for the heat, I'd live in the Phoenix area for sure.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:00 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
States with no state income taxes end up paying for it in other ways.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:13 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
If you are in the oil bidness, there is no better place to be for the foreseeable future than right smack dab in the middle of the Permian. If you stay there and get rich then you can go anywhere you want and live.
The OP should consider moving to Houston to be smack dab in the middle of the Energy Industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.