Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:43 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times

Advertisements

I dont personally hate anyone. I was giving a general answer. I was a truck driver for a couple years and I like to talk to people, and I have family in Seattle, and friends all over, and the general feeling is YES, most Americans dont like Californians. Reasons all vary depending on who you talk to.. some come from a political standpoint, others come from a personality one. Most hate ya cause your openess to gays bothers them, and your hippy values offends them, and your I dont care attitude enrages them.. that about covers it.

But Again, I dont care either way..

Last edited by Muhnay; 01-06-2007 at 12:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 11:53 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times
It's a good thing I'm not out to win any popularity contests as a native Californian!

What is interesting to note is that most people seem to assume that Californians are selling their homes, and driving up real estate prices in their new states. I'm sure there are many like me, who are being driven out by the price of rent. If I ever own my own home, it will be because I've cashed out my 401(k) for the down payment! Not all of us who live in California got rich on real estate.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:56 AM

777 posts, read 3,197,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
It's a good thing I'm not out to win any popularity contests as a native Californian!

What is interesting to note is that most people seem to assume that Californians are selling their homes, and driving up real estate prices in their new states. I'm sure there are many like me, who are being driven out by the price of rent. If I ever own my own home, it will be because I've cashed out my 401(k) for the down payment! Not all of us who live in California got rich on real estate.

I agree. I will look to buy property this year in MT, or WY, and I will have to take out a 401K loan for the down payment. Funny, real estate prices are dropping here, but they are still going up in these other states now, why is that

Old 01-06-2007, 10:51 AM

2,224 posts, read 772,226 times
Quote:

Me too. I'll never be able to afford my own home here. There isn't any home equity to cash out on.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:40 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Muhnay hates us out of ignorance - much like how 30 or 40 years ago ignorant people hated anyone not white.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:20 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Muhnay hates us out of ignorance - much like how 30 or 40 years ago ignorant people hated anyone not white.
LOL, I stated I dont hate anyone.. how can you come to the point of view that I do?

I stated what I have picked up from the general population. Hell you can read these forums and see the threads, moving from CA to ?? and get the gest of it. Always asking do people in this state hate us? And you'll get yes and nos in each thread. Seattle more Yes we hate you stay in Cali replies.. so please dont lump me in with raciest like that. And by the way I have been to the south, and seen that what you think ended 30 years ago is alive and well, from both sides of the fence.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:45 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,318 times
I think that all it takes is a few in every state that ruins it for the rest. It is the same here, the housing prices are going up along with our taxes, and yes, you do have to think about moving to another area, that you would be able to afford.
I say you can all move to Minnesota, we welcome anyone, I myself would rather move because of the winters, although this winter has been great!!!! We are in January and no snow on the ground!!!! I love it!!!
I have fibromyalgia and the start of RA so the cold really bothers my bones, I am only 47, but some days you would think I was going on 80.
Myself, I give everyone a chance until they prove to me that I should not trust them or like them for some reason. I am a very kind and gentle person.
Hope this makes some of you out there feel a little better. I tried!!!!

Old 01-06-2007, 09:59 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Thumbs up lol-

Quote:

Yes- I don't get that either. I like California-and people from there! I am from NY but not NYC- lol. Sometimes there is just the rush to judgment- like in the news-NY and San Francisco are made to sound like hot beds for crime and corruption- I don't get that at all. You never hear about Miami.

sunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.