Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

20 year old Columbia student, America has bad policies on illegal immigration, pollution, consumer consumption, Iraq war over oil, race relations, racism

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:12 PM

214 posts, read 1,061,560 times

Advertisements

Hi there im new to the forum and am 20 years old I go to columbia university and have a few problms of the way our country handles things.

1. Pollution: America is only 4 percent of the worlds pop but we consume 25% of thw worlds energy And 25% of the worlds pollution.

2.Ilegal Immigration: We chase these poor people away trying to better their lives and rip familys apart why the hate and racism they do wonders for our nation.

3.Iraq War: This is for oil peoples blood being spilled for stupid polluting oil we have to remember human rights.The entire world hates us for this and other worthless wars.

4.Racism: Why does this country treat minorities badly they are people too ya know. Its good we apoligized for slavery and stuff we hurt people.We didn`t even help are own in hurricane katrina. We also should help the world more.

This isn`t putting my country down just stating our policies are bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 03:20 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
ohhh the days of being in college and having those professors get you all fired up......

Old 08-08-2008, 03:24 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,917,783 times
"they are people too ya know"???

wow this better be a joke.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:35 PM

214 posts, read 1,061,560 times
Wow are you wrong. You go to columbia I wouldnt expect anything else from you. Let me tell you the truth about these things.

1. Pollution: You should go to your friends in COMMUNIST CHINA 16 of 20 the worlds most polluted cities are there. 30% of the rain there is acid rain. Did you see on tv where the sail boat contest was going to be for the olympics on the china sea I honest to god though that looked like a golf cource I wouldn`t have known if it was moving back and forth.

2.Illegal Immigration: They do real wonders for our nation indeed like killing 25 americans daily 12 from murder 13 from drunk driving. 4757 americans die a yr from them Since 9 11 there has been 23725 killed in this silent terror.* american kids get raped from them daily 2920 annually. They take our jobs bring diseases that are getting drug rsistant and not to mention various other crime they do such as auto theft which their govt aid them in( you dont need licences plates in mexico). They bring drugs leaving thousands of americans dead yearly and much more they think this is still their country unbelieveable.

3. Iraq War: the world hates us they should be greatful we saved everyone we killed tons of these sick people and saved alot of countries like phillapines and more. How about all the stories to graphic to put on here that happened . I am a shamed of the liberal media for not saying the real bad things that go on there .liberal media will never tell you my poor lost friend.And the hell with human rights weres theirs.

4. Racism: We treat minorities greatly they just dont appreciatte anything so they trick you and complain. And those katrina people didn`t deserve help for looting and shooting the helicopter trying to save you. Apoligizing to those people for stuff you never did is wrong and stupid since you admit doing something bad lawsuits will happen. Wasnt the civil war enough to make up for slavery.

You young kids are this countries future but this countrie will suffer with that kind of thinking.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:46 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,901 times
Something needs to be done about Illegal Immigration!, and fast!
Taking over jobs!
Ruining Neighborhoods!
More than half are making trouble for this country.
Drug Problem is out of Control!
Taking over are welfare and labor system! Thats not right!

Old 08-08-2008, 03:49 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
You can write like that and get into Columbia University?

Old 08-08-2008, 04:04 PM

275 posts, read 1,471,715 times
^ No. Liberal Kyle is either 12 years old in middle school somewhere or a conservative troll just stirring things up. People will take it seriously anyway... just watch.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/ma...20troll&st=cse

Old 08-08-2008, 04:04 PM

389 posts, read 1,095,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
You can write like that and get into Columbia University?
I know, right? Maybe his "familys" got connections.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:31 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,598,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyLL View Post
^ No. Liberal Kyle is either 12 years old in middle school somewhere or a conservative troll just stirring things up. People will take it seriously anyway... just watch.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/ma...20troll&st=cse
I read that article a few days ago. It is extremely interesting and insightful. The author seems pretty savvy in the ways of the internet.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:34 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,266,813 times
Quote:
1. Pollution: America is only 4 percent of the worlds pop but we consume 25% of thw worlds energy And 25% of the worlds pollution.

2.Ilegal Immigration: We chase these poor people away trying to better their lives and rip familys apart why the hate and racism they do wonders for our nation.

3.Iraq War: This is for oil peoples blood being spilled for stupid polluting oil we have to remember human rights.The entire world hates us for this and other worthless wars.

4.Racism: Why does this country treat minorities badly they are people too ya know. Its good we apoligized for slavery and stuff we hurt people.We didn`t even help are own in hurricane katrina. We also should help the world more.

This isn`t putting my country down just stating our policies are bad.
Liberal, I admire your courage for posting your thoughts and exposing yourself to criticism. Isn't Free Speech wonderful? So many countries will toss you into jail for what you expressed. China would not allow an internet forum like this, or would censor it.
I would like to politely, add my 2 cents.
Point 2) My parents did not immigrate illegally and they did not have ESL programs. So there is some resentment there. I feel most illegals just want a better life and are hard-working people. The small minority that cause problems tarnish the groups rep. Also, perception/reality that they are not paying taxes equal to the social services costs that they use.
Point 3) Saddam said, I wanted a chemical/nuclear program. Yes the sanctions were preventing me from moving forward, but I still intended on pursuing. I wanted people to think I was close so the Iranians would be afraid. We have the benefit of hind-sight history right now. At the time, Bush took out a perceived threat with a long history of nasty and unpredictable behavior. Better safe or sorry?? I told friends that the real question was not winning the war, but winning the peace. The admin. really screwed that up until recently. Where was the Marshall Plan?
4) Racism is bad. Some people are afraid of people who are different. It is difficult to balance keeping cultural heritage alive and assimilating into mainstream Americana. I think this becomes easier for 2nd and 3rd generations.
This should be interesting as it progresses. Sure beats the typical My city is better than Your City drivel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.