Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:12 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,604,165 times

Advertisements

North Dakota ....never hear anything about it

Too bad cuz there's some nice places there like
Theodore Roosevelt National Park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 07:16 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Here in AZ

I would say the plains states consisting of OK, Kansas, NE

Then a grouping of Wyoming, and the Dakotas

Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,525 times
States like Idaho, the Dakota's, Montana, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Utah, Oregon, Nebraska and Iowa.
Basically the great Plains are some surrounding areas. I never hear anything amazing about these states, all I hear about them is that they have large NA populations, depressing reservations and just lots and lots of space.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:06 AM

2,316 posts, read 7,817,845 times
266 - Where News Breaks « Strange Maps

Old 08-28-2008, 12:52 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
The Great Plains and then back out towards Washington State. Oklahoma/Arkansas/Tennessee/Kentucky. New England.

Hell, in Chicago all we hear about is Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, a little Iowa/Minnesota if something happens there, and then New York, California and Florida/Texas. The End.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:08 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,595,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveChick View Post
States like Idaho, the Dakota's, Montana, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Utah, Oregon, Nebraska and Iowa.
Basically the great Plains are some surrounding areas. I never hear anything amazing about these states, all I hear about them is that they have large NA populations, depressing reservations and just lots and lots of space.
Oregon is in the PNW and really has no relation to any of the states you mentioned. You realize that it borders California and Washington, right?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:04 AM

109 posts, read 441,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveChick View Post

It's true. I'm from ND. If you look at a map, all the cities in ND make a rectangle, and driving from City A to City B on I94 (or any highway) is nothing but grass until you hit the next city. Barely any traffic though, and the speed limit's 75 instead of 70! About the only bonus haha.

Even being from ND I barely hear anything until the states that border Mexico in the news/on tv. Minneapolis (closest large metropolitan area) is brought up a lot in conversation or where students are going to go to college. I personally don't recall hearing a lot about NYC/DC, yet, then again, I don't pay that much attention to the news And I rarely hear anything about New England.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:04 AM

1,528 posts, read 6,287,734 times
Alaska...its not really a region...and if is...its the west...which does get attention but Alaska doesn't ...
but if you mean an actual region... The Far Northwest...
I have yet to see a Billings vs NYC thread....

Old 08-30-2008, 08:34 AM

41 posts, read 127,969 times
Oh yes, definitely the midwestern states. I almost never hear about them. Add a few southern states as well, like Arkansas, South Carolina, and Kentucky. Several mid to large-sized cities are constanly under the radar as well (OKC, Columbus, OH, Birmingham, AL, Kansas City, MO, and, of course, Hampton Roads). Sometimes it seems like the rest of the nation outside of NYC, LA, Chicago, Boston, DC, the Bay Area, Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Charlotte and Vegas either isn't important, or has a bad reputation (Detroit, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Cleveland, etc.)

Old 08-30-2008, 09:05 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Someone once told me that there is a lot of land between the Mississippi River and the Sierra Nevada, but I haven't been able to confirm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.