Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 06:38 PM

409 posts, read 872,735 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]I am preparing for a move in the next year or so. I want to move from the area where I live (mostly rural) to a more urban area. I am lawyer and want to continue the practice of law. In particular I would like to work in an US attorney’s office or District Attorney’s office. I have prepared a list of factors to look at for the city I wind up moving to.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Cultural and historical attractions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Well kept downtown, but also with an attractive countryside surrounding the city.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]A good public library system and school system, including higher education[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]An active arts scene [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Good infrastructure and public transit[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]A collegial legal community[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Accessible to transportation networks (rail and air)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]A temperate to warm climate/mild winters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Reasonable commute[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Cost of living with affordable housing[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]A well rounded media scene (newspapers/TV stations/radio stations)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Nearby opportunities for hiking and outdoor recreation[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]A tradition of community service/involvement [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]A good system of health care establishments[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Professional sports of some kind (preferably minor league baseball)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]South/southwestern/northwestern[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Small to medium sized city[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Well rounded social scene (I’m not talking dating here, but having a wide variety of events to attend and participate in)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I would appreciate everyone giving me your opinions on which cities you think might meet these factors or have a large number of. Thank you in advance for your opinions.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Here are s[/SIZE][SIZE=3]ome of the cities I have thought about are; [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Louisville KY[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Lexington KY[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Knoxville TN[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Nashville TN[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Asheville NC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Charlotte NC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Atlanta GA [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Augusta GA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Columbus GA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Athens GA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Austin TX[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Eugene OR[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Roanoke VA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Norfolk VA[/SIZE]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.