Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:26 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times

Advertisements

Chattanooga, Tennessee

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 11:18 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,467 times
Albuquerque looks eerily similar to Tucson. They're both beautiful cities.

Tucson on a 78 degree December day last year.

Last edited by miamiman; 10-06-2008 at 11:46 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
ABQ is so beautiful...I had actually considered moving there for awhile. I love those pictures. I'm seriously tempted to set one as my desktop!

Anyway, how do you guys like it there? Is the crime / school district as bad as everyone says?

I like it here, Ive lived here 3 years and Im very comfortable here however I would like to try another city out just cause Ive lived in NM my whole life, anyways the crime is not that bad and its just like any other city if you stay clear of the bad parts and dont associate with bad people or drugs and gangs then you should be ok, it could be alot worse.

I dont have kids but from what I hear its not all that great and NM is ranked almost last in education and its usually one of the worst states to raise a child due to poverty and juvi crime. It just dosent seem as bad as the stats seem,its just normal life, but then again Ive never lived outside of NM so I dont have anything to compare it to.

overall I like it here,the weather is nice,we get a taste of all the seasons and we got the city amenities plus the outdoor activities,minor league and college sports and I like that this city is laid back, no one seems like they are too flashy and always trying to look like a movie star or flaunting their riches,everyone from all walks of life all interact here.Its a unique city.

Another thing I like is the scenery is better here than most of the other desert cities,we have a river flowing through the middle of the city and lots of trees for being a desert city.

Last edited by desert sun; 10-06-2008 at 11:43 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 11:47 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
desert sun, why settle for silver when you can have (and already have) gold? Albuquerque has it all!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:48 PM

JMT-thanks for posting the Chattanooga pics, it gives everyone a chance to see and learn about cities most never get to see or just lookover, they look great.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:16 AM

I gotta give some props to the cities in the Texas panhandle, they are rarely ever mentioned(maybe never mentioned)-these arnt my pics btw.

Amarillo,Texas--
I like the look and feel of this small West Texas city

Old 10-07-2008, 12:38 AM

Lubbock,TX------------these are not my pics

Old 10-07-2008, 03:32 AM

396 posts, read 1,275,569 times
Salt Lake City, Utah (some of them mine, most of them from Wikimedia Commons, a few from other places):

Downtown:

Gateway mall:

The Salt Lake City library:

See? Big crowds can gather in Salt Lake City for something other than LDS General Conference:

Winter pics:

Great Salt Lake:

Old 10-08-2008, 08:13 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,873,725 times
Default Historic CHATTANOOGA River Gorge

GANG: Nice colorful picture thread that someone started. JMT showed some nice city pics of this RailRoad hub of the 60's into a Arts / retiree / Outdoor sports , mtn center.
.. This Civil War Battle history area just had the Vice Pres D.C. here for a "Re-enactment" last week. The river Gorge west of the city is also called "The Grand Canyon of the East" . Some expensive home dot the Brow lot overviews. Gorge Trust organization preserves the area from over-development. New High -Tech Jet Tour boat ,built in state of Wash, is a Must for any visitor coming thru region.
. The 1996 Atlanta Kayak whitewater activities were held east of the city on the Ocoee river. New 305 mile linear HIKE state park called the Cumberland Trail (CT) , part of The Great Eastern, will run along the upper plateau of Walden Ridge.
. As a "HalfBack" Chatt has gotten some influx for the Katrina ,New Orleans storm people, along with Florida storm weary homeowners. Some northern people that quit shoveling large snow storms. Business news will hear more national coverage with the new Volkswagon assembly plant being built here for 2010. Many bicycle paths thru the city , across both bridges, up various mtn park trails, or bring your SCOOTERs for the rallys or poker runs.

Local STORY-TELLER Jim Pfitzer.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:09 PM

10,053 posts, read 14,418,692 times
I was looking at the Alb. pics and was thinking "wow, how similar they are to Tucson." Then someone said the same thing and posted Tucson pics. Ahh...the memories. Thanks for posting those!! I lived in Tucson from 1991 until 1998--graduated from U of A in '98. Also was stationed at Davis-Monthan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.