Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:44 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times

Advertisements

Baltimore
Philadelphia
DC
Camden
Newark
New Orleans
Gary
East St Louis
St Louis
Detroit
Cleveland
Compton

Parts of Bridgeport, Miami, Brooklyn and The Bronx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 05:44 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
You have been watching too much "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Psycho", "Wrong Turn", and or "Deliverance". The reality is the murder rate in rural areas is extremely low.
I haven't seen any of those movies. Rural areas can have their issues. Meth labs, rape, that kind of stuff. In Paulding County(an exurban county), a woman was murdered in broad daylight on the Silver Comet Trail, which is basically a bicycle trail in heavily wooded areas.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:50 PM

821 posts, read 1,039,429 times
Quote:
You have been watching too much "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Psycho", "Wrong Turn", "Friday The 13th", and or "Deliverance". The reality is the murder rate in rural areas is extremely low.
You have been looking at stupid crime stats and obsessing with murder rates. You've also blamed crime and poverty on Blacks and Hispanics. You live in a bubble.
Rural and suburban places are just as scary and "dangerous" as urban environments.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:53 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
In raw numbers, NYC has alot of murders, but take in consideration that it has over 8 million people, the murders per capita is very low.

Cities like Atlanta, New Orleans, and St. Louis are relatively small cities that have very high murders per capital. Atlanta was known for having over 130-140 murders per year when the population was smaller.
New Orleans had a population drop(a very drastic one at that) and murder was still very rampant. It went down, but 162 murders for a city that had a 56% population drop(and the population was in the 400,000-450,000 range before the drastic drop, recording over 200 murders a year).
St. Louis has a population that is barely 350,000 and St. Louis frequently gets anywhere between 120-150 murders per year.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:12 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,812 times
Quote:
You have been looking at stupid crime stats and obsessing with murder rates. You've also blamed crime and poverty on Blacks and Hispanics. You live in a bubble.
Rural and suburban places are just as scary and "dangerous" as urban environments
I live in a suburb and only a pansey little p.u.s.s.y would consider my cookie cutter lily White bread suburb to be as dangerous as any urban inner city ghetto. I doubt anybody from the hood would consider where I live to be hardcore. And why do you consider crime stats to be stupid, because they tell the truth that the most dangerous places in America are indeed urban areas with very large Black populations. Sorry but the truth hurts, that's reality so if anybody is living in denial it's you. America is not one big freaking St.Louis where crime/murder is equally/evenly spread out through the entire country. Some places just have a larger number/percentage of bad apples than others, and anybody who denies this is not living in the real world.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I live in a suburb and only a pansey little p.u.s.s.y would consider my cookie cutter lily White bread suburb to be as dangerous as any urban inner city ghetto. I doubt anybody from the hood would consider where I live to be hardcore. And why do you consider crime stats to be stupid, because they tell the truth that the most dangerous places in America are indeed urban areas with very large Black populations. Sorry but the truth hurts, that's reality so if anybody is living in denial it's you. America is not one big freaking St.Louis where crime/murder is equally/evenly spread out through the entire country. Some places just have a larger number/percentage of bad apples than others, and anybody who denies this is not living in the real world.
Look, stats are only good to a certain extent. You can't base everything on them. You need to get out of the burbs. Go out there and experience the world. touch, feel, and smell reality. Murder rates don't me a damn thing in the real world.
Why are you obsessed with murder rates? Do you know anyone who has been murdered? Do you have a reason that you would be murdered?
Does the idea of murder excite you and help you escape the dullness of the suburban life?

What concerns me in Rural and suburban areas are hate crimes and small town mentality that can get brutal at times. They don't feel very open and accepting of different types of people.
There is a deep lack of understanding of different cultures in those areas. Hate crimes are random for the most part and that is more scary to me than the murder rate of St. Louis.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
What concerns me in Rural and suburban areas are hate crimes and small town mentality that can get brutal at times. They don't feel very open and accepting of different types of people.
There is a deep lack of understanding of different cultures in those areas. Hate crimes are random for the most part and that is more scary to me than the murder rate of St. Louis.
If White on Black hate crimes is that common in suburban White America, than why is it that most famous Black sports athletes, musicians, entertainers, media personalities etc choose to live in affluent predominantly White suburbs ? Even Jeremiah Wright lives in a very White suburb of Chicago called Tinley Park which is 90% White.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:01 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
everything mentioned in this thread

don't forget paterson, passaic, irvington, east orange - new jerz mentioned?

Old 11-30-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
If White on Black hate crimes is that common in suburban White America, than why is it that most famous Black sports athletes, musicians, entertainers, media personalities etc choose to live in affluent predominantly White suburbs ? Even Jeremiah Wright lives in a very White suburb of Chicago called Tinley Park which is 90% White.
You live in a bubble and you are a bigot.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
You live in a bubble and you are a bigot.
Why do you think most Blacks who are financially well off choose not to live in predominantly Black neighborhoods or send their kids to predominantly Black public schools ? Obama for example is going to send his daughters to a predominantly White private school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.