Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2008, 10:11 PM

338 posts, read 613,675 times

Advertisements

Sorry if this is put on wrong subject.

We have a nice water dispenser and we had it for around 6 months.
It has three buttons, ''Hot water'', "Room temp. water", and "Cool water".
When we press the Hot water button, it comes out grey/yellowish (dirty) water from it. Our water we putted on it is cleaned and filtered. It never happend this before. I keep trying to hold the button and waste water, it's still same dirty water that comes out from it. Maybe we need to clean the dispenser? Do you know anything we could do to clean it or put something inside the water or something else to get rid of the disgusting water that comes out from the dispenser??!! I would rather not to return it.

Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 AM

No answers?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the kind of unit you are describing. I own something called a Berkey Light and that is a great filtering system that eliminates almost everything you could imagine from the water that is poured into the tank. I'd recommend that you buy a Berkey Light. The filters are good for around ten years or I believe 10,000 gallons of water.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the kind of unit you are describing. I own something called a Berkey Light and that is a great filtering system that eliminates almost everything you could imagine from the water that is poured into the tank. I'd recommend that you buy a Berkey Light. The filters are good for around ten years or I believe 10,000 gallons of water.
It's like this one we have:

Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM

8 posts, read 28,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Yea, I agree. I got a Berkey light (http://www.bigberkeywaterfilters.com/berkeyfiltersystems-c-1/berkeylightwoled-p-180 - broken link) too a they do work very well. Water tastes great. They actually last only 6000 gallons, 3000/filter. Maybe splitting hairs though because that's still a whole lot of water to drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.