Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:39 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times

Advertisements

I was born, raised, and lived in NYC for 38 years (Manhattan and Queens). Raised my children on Long Island (20 years). I spent my summers as a child in Indiana. I have lived in North Florida and South Florida.

I have travelled extensively in the Mid-Altantic and New England states. I have been to California, Canada, the Caribbean, and Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 08:15 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
I see that others have chimed in with where they have been in addition to where they have lived in the world.
I have been to most of the states and most every region of the country but there are "holes" in most regions where I haven't been. I have never been to the following states: Vermont, Louisiana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Alaska, New Mexico, Kansas or Oklahoma.
I have been to the following cities in the US: New York, Boston, Philly, DC, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Atlanta, Savannah, Columbia, Greenville/Spartanburg, (all of NC), Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, St Louis, Kansas City, Detroit, Chicago, Madison, Minneapolis, Birmingham, (all of Florida), Jackson, Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Denver, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco, Sacramento, Portland and Salt Lake City. Plus, I have been to Toronto, Quebec City and Ottawa in Canada and San Juan in PR.
Cities in North America where I haven't been but want to go: Seattle, Santa Fe, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Mexico City, Vancouver and Montreal.
I have been to almost all of the countries in the Caribbean plus Canada, Mexico, England, France, Italy, Japan, China and Indonesia. I have plans to go to The Netherlands and Finland next but am also interested in exploring South America.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:06 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I am originally from New England, Massachusetts and lived there much of my life. Thru the years though between the Military then Gov't civil service and several years with the airlines, I have lived in a number of places. I have lived in Georgia, Calif, Ariz, Alaska, Germany and Japan and the past few years Oregon. I decided to try Oregon out as a possible retirement locale, and found out it was not for me, especially the Portland area. Otherwise the state is beautiful, but again its just not my type of place. So I decided to stay put until the economy improved abit, and I was absolutely sure of where I wanted to retire.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:21 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,834 times
Sacramento-Oakland-Frisco (I use the F word because it bothers the locals)-Oakdale-LA-SD-Wichita-Joplin-Miami (sunrise on the ocean is just wrong) and a couple of other far far away places.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:00 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
I've made a "sideways V" through the West.

Grew up in Southern California, lived in metro Denver, and am now in Spokane, WA.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
florida, california, illinois, pennsylvania, france, nigeria.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:11 PM

139 posts, read 366,240 times
jtur88, I am jealous!
I have lived in PA, VA, WY, AK, FL, NY, (back to WY), CO, KY, and TN, and would love to live in New England or the Pacific Northwest, but am getting too old to start over. I think I am going to move back to PA, but in an entirely new section. In the last 4 years, I have lived in 3 states and moved 6 or 7 times. It is, at the same time, getting old but still is exciting, if that makes sense to anyone else. I am planning a move in the next year, and I am more excited than I have been, well, since my last move across the country! LOL
P.S., I have made all those moves by myself, driving a truck (except for the initial flight up to AK; drove back to FL, though), usually with some combination of numerous dogs and cats.
Does anyone else go on vacation and think to themselves, "I could live here..."?

Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,027,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Ive lived in Washington, Oregon, California, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, Wisconsin, Michigan, Maine, Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland. (Not in that order)

how and why did you live in so many states?

Old 07-27-2009, 10:46 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
how and why did you live in so many states?
some people are meant to roam... If I had the choice and the means I would live in that many as well in my favorite cities around the world.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoss View Post
Does anyone else go on vacation and think to themselves, "I could live here..."?
All the time, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.