Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
That's right. Anyone on here with a pair of working eyeballs knows where, when and by whom the trouble starts.

Look at his posts. He bashes NY ALL the time. I really don't ever bring up Texas as much as southerners bring up NY.

It isn't me starting it. Just so you know, Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by Bo; 09-17-2009 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: Per TOS, don't discuss moderator actions in posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 04:21 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Can you read??? I said I grew up there.

And stop telling fibs, you have already said you have never been to Texas which is a state you bash

You should write down all the things you say on here so you can review them prior to posting so all of us don't catch you trying to lie

I actually just went recently to see the Astros play since my husband is a fan, so yes, I have been

Old 09-16-2009, 04:28 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
You've said in other threads that someone "just spending a weekend" in NYC isn't enough to be able to have a valid opinion of it.

So the same has to be said with you and Houston/Texas. Especially since with most of what you say about it, it's obvious you're really uninformed.
Very true

Old 09-16-2009, 04:49 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Get out while you can

Old 09-16-2009, 09:35 PM

656 posts, read 1,420,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Actually, the job market is relatively good right now. It depends on your abilities and experience and the home prices are more affordable than many other places. Our housing market is stable too. Here's some good info. to check out: Central New York Jobs

Syracuse housing market ranks high in new report on economies of 100 largest metropolitan areas - syracuse.com
Upstate NY has been losing jobs for quite some time, and continues to lose jobs , the prices are high because the property tax rates are among the nation's highest , they tax you out of your home's value.

Granted, the horrible economy and the taxes along with the cold weather meant that home prices never went up or spiked.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
Some posts above were deleted. A reminder of the following TOS section appears to be needed.

Quote:
Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Last edited by Bo; 09-17-2009 at 09:13 AM..

Old 09-17-2009, 07:48 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,013,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Get out while you can

I agree and you won't regret it. Texas is not a good place to live. Most people are stuck there.

I suggest Colorado, the job market there has gotten much better and the air is fresh and clean. Ir would really help your sinus issues and you can hike and so all the activities you want to all year around.

It's chepaer to live there vs NY.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:03 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I agree and you won't regret it. Texas is not a good place to live. Most people are stuck there.

I suggest Colorado, the job market there has gotten much better and the air is fresh and clean. Ir would really help your sinus issues and you can hike and so all the activities you want to all year around.

It's chepaer to live there vs NY.
I agree, Colorado is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better place to live than NY

Try Colorado Springs or Fort Collins

Old 09-17-2009, 09:05 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
According to whom? To you? How about we answer the OP's question instead of finding ways to denigrate the state of Texas. Most people LOVE it in Texas.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,013,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
According to whom? To you? How about we answer the OP's question instead of finding ways to denigrate the state of Texas. Most people LOVE it in Texas.

I did answer his question. Keep reading.. you can't miss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.