Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:57 AM
hwd

19 posts, read 167,617 times

Advertisements

Demographic wise and population wise, Moultrie, Tifton and Thomasville are near equal. Moultrie/Colquitt County has a bigger populaton than Tift County with around 5 thousand or more residents then Tifton/Tift County and the population between Moultrie/Colquitt County and Thomasville/Thomas County is a mere 500 or so difference.

Georgia Trends predicted in a recent article on South Georgia population growth that by 2010 Moultrie/Colquitt County will be the third most populated county in Southwest Georgia behind Valdosta/Lowndes at #1 and Albany/Dougherty county at #2.

Out of all the cities and towns in South West and South Central Georgia Moultrie is the most central located city nearly 30 min or so from every town or city you would want or need to go to.

There are over 45 new subdivisions with more on the way, recent reports show crime reports as well as calls to the police are down over past years.

Award winning Downtown, Award Winning Hospital, Award Winning Economic Development, Award Winning Chamber of Commerce and Award winning City.

The Moultrie Economic Development Corp. was recently selected as on of the Top 7 in the Nation, and the Chamber was recently award a 3 Star Ratting making it one of only 105 chambers in the nation to earn that rating.

Downtown Moultrie was recently selected as the Top Downtown in the State of Georgia.

I could go on.......
Coming Soon To Moultrie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 PM

39 posts, read 146,955 times
Default Miss Ya Moultrie

Ya'll stop!!! I miss living in Moultrie everyday. As soon as the housing market turns around I am putting my house up for sale and moving as fast as I can out of Atlanta. Save me a spot guys....

Old 02-10-2009, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,278 times
Sorry rooneypal. I know this post is late but I couldnt resist. You wanted to know about Moultrie. Most of the replies you read are accurate, but some are not. Moultrie is a small town but has MINIMAL growth and thats because some of the old die-hards dont want anything to come there. I was born and raised in Moultrie but left for college to Albany State University and eventually on to University of Wash. I live in Seattle, WA now. In the few times that I returned home it is still the same ol hick town. Very few businesses have come there, but there are a lot of sub divisions being built. The bad thing is there are no jobs to support the population there. Making the county a very poor county. I dont know how old you are but there is not a lot of entertainment in the whole area ( including Albany and Valdosta) for young people anyway. I would probably move back home if I was 65. There is still a lot of the "Old South" mantality there with rebel flags everywhere as well. I dont know you but, maybe Moultrie is the town for you. Moultrie has a lot of positive attributes but many negative ones also. I could go on for days but I couldnt resist replying on my hometown. Hope you find wht you are looking for.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,203 times
I have lived in Moultrie my whole life. It is not a bad little town. The pop. is around 30,000 people. The schools are up to par with the bigger towns around like Valdosta and Albany. Lots of churches and lots of sports. Colquitt County High is a 5-A school. I graduated there in 99. You can get to Albany, Valdosta, and Thomasville in almost equal time. An hour to Tallahassee. I-75 goes through Valdosta and Tifton, another close town. You can't beat Moultrie's courthouse square activities. Of course all southern counties take pride in their historic courthouses. Some crime but most of it is localized to Northwest Moultrie. Even thats getting cleaned up. Good old Saxby Chambliss is from here. He must be funneling money to us because Moultries economy has yet to show signs of the recession. All the little boutiques and the shops on the square are at full blast. Pam down at the thrift shop has all kinds of stuff and just up the road is the local Snapper dealer, Lastinger Cycle and Lawn.(I manage it) We are only 2 blocks away from the courthouse. If you are into roller coasters and stuff like that Wild Adventures is 30 minutes away in Valdosta. A season pass is less than 100 bucks. Dont forget Kim's fashions, all the jewelry stores, farmers market, tons of fast food, Beef O'Bradys, and lots of privately owned eating establishments. Anyone who wants to live in a quiet little town needs to at least visit Moultrie. Oh yeah lets not forget the Stadium cinema, Lowes, Home Depot, and Wal-mart

Old 03-28-2009, 08:02 PM

4 posts, read 20,701 times
My husband & I tried to relocate to Moultrie & we had the same problems you experienced. We are used to swim/tennis with underground utilities, sidewalks, clubhouse, etc. Also, the schools were problematic, as most are designated as title 1. It is a neat little town, just not the one for us.

Valdosta has Stone Creek Country Club, which may be more to your tastes???

Old 08-15-2009, 05:10 PM

3 posts, read 9,982 times
I'm from Tifton originally, but now live in Sacramento Ca. Just keep in mind that if you return to most any town in Georgia, you will be acting a role in your own depiction of "Return to the Planet of the Apes."

Old 08-18-2009, 12:52 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,573,120 times
the original post was 2 years ago. did they move????

Old 05-29-2010, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,252 times
I am trying to find a house or a moble home to rent in Moultrie.......I am in the Fort Myers Florida area and want to move ASAP!! Does anyone know who I can contact to find anything?

Thanks,
plips2

Old 05-29-2010, 09:13 PM

199 posts, read 627,948 times
Mattco realty handles a majority of the rentals in the area. call them and ask for kirk friedlander.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia