Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 05:39 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,036,497 times

Advertisements

actually meth is a big problem is smaller towns all across the country. But I don't think Canton is anymore a hotbed for meth than any other similarly sized town.
I also think people do come to these boards for the truth about an area (and that includes the good, the bad, and the ugly) and not just the Chamber of commerce propoganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 04:59 PM

8 posts, read 100,175 times
alpharetta is a first rate area, but it is pricey, and traffic leaves much to be desired. I know and am in contact regularly with many people from there and all are class people.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 13,334 times
I recently moved to Canton (Hickory Flat area) from Alpharetta. I found traffic was just getting out of hand as well as the beginning of gang activity and a very bad school district (Midway Elm scores were not good at the time). I love Hickory Flat and the small town feel yet close to everything (North Point Mall, Roswell and Canton). We looked in many subdivisions and I was not impressed with most of them. They were either HUGE or next to a land fill or chicken house You may want to look at Royal Oaks. It does not have a swim tennis but the yards are Great size (1 acre or larger on average) and the neighborhood has trees and a creek that runs through it. You may also like Savannah Estates it is Very nice (especially if you have or like horses).
HTH

Old 10-26-2007, 08:13 AM

4 posts, read 30,687 times
I live a couple of miles from Woodmont, and my kid goes to the high school in the same school district. The middle school and high school are brand new as of two years ago. There is nothing scary about Woodmont or the local school system, and there are no gangs that I know of. I do not consider this area of Canton to be high-crime or drug-infested. In fact, I have a neighbor who has not locked her doors (home or car) in 20 years and has never had a problem. I moved here from Gwinnett in 2000 and can't imagine going back.

Bridgemill is a nice subdivision, but it is HUGE -- there are literally over 3,000 homes there. If you want to live in a rural area, this isn't it. If you want what is essentially a small city with a pool, golf course, tennis, and an active group of swingers (I'm not kidding), then it would be a good place for you.

Do be aware that the Canton area was mainly agricultural until a few years ago, so as dawn4 mentioned, there are chicken houses nearby some of the subdivisions. Then there's the one they just built that overlooks the landfill. Be sure to look around the area when you visit, don't just pick a neighborhood out of a book.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:03 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,388,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybolide View Post

Bridgemill is a nice subdivision, but it is HUGE -- there are literally over 3,000 homes there. If you want to live in a rural area, this isn't it. If you want what is essentially a small city with a pool, golf course, tennis, and an active group of swingers (I'm not kidding), then it would be a good place for you.
Alright, this in now the third time I've heard about the Bridgemill swingers thing, in three different venues. What's the story with this???? And where can I sign up?? j/k

Old 10-26-2007, 02:10 PM

100 posts, read 425,945 times
Lol Bob 2 Funny

Old 11-14-2007, 11:20 PM

18 posts, read 99,217 times
We live in Bridgemill and it is a lovely well planned out community. Needs more diversity, not just Bridemill the entire County. Most people in Bridgemill are not native Georgians they are from other larger urban areas Such as LA, Chicago, NY, Philadelphia. The only problem is the rest of the County needs to catch up. Woodstaock and Canton are the only two areas in the County that will have the most building and Metro feeling. The rest of the County will remain rural.

You want a community with beautiful well manicured homes, good schools, great ammenities and low crime than Bridgemiill is a good choice. The only issue is once you are outside of Bridgemill the rest of Canton and the County is a southern rural area where people will fight change to the death.

My biggest complaint is that they need a mall in the County with some Flagship stores and restaurants. No more Target, Kohls K & Walmart ( Not that there is anything wrong with these stores I love them). Also give me Dillards, Macy's, Coach etc. I have to travel to Alpharetta or Atlanata and I always do not want to do that. it would also generate some income to the County

Last edited by smp4180; 11-14-2007 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: To add more comments

Old 11-15-2007, 05:26 AM

138 posts, read 623,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Alright, this in now the third time I've heard about the Bridgemill swingers thing, in three different venues. What's the story with this???? And where can I sign up?? j/k
Haha. Funny thing is when we were looking at a house there, we talked to one of the neighbors and she mentioned the same thing...

Old 11-15-2007, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp4180 View Post
We live in Bridgemill and it is a lovely well planned out community. Needs more diversity, not just Bridemill the entire County. Most people in Bridgemill are not native Georgians they are from other larger urban areas Such as LA, Chicago, NY, Philadelphia. The only problem is the rest of the County needs to catch up. Woodstaock and Canton are the only two areas in the County that will have the most building and Metro feeling. The rest of the County will remain rural.

You want a community with beautiful well manicured homes, good schools, great ammenities and low crime than Bridgemiill is a good choice. The only issue is once you are outside of Bridgemill the rest of Canton and the County is a southern rural area where people will fight change to the death.

My biggest complaint is that they need a mall in the County with some Flagship stores and restaurants. No more Target, Kohls K & Walmart ( Not that there is anything wrong with these stores I love them). Also give me Dillards, Macy's, Coach etc. I have to travel to Alpharetta or Atlanata and I always do not want to do that. it would also generate some income to the County
There's a mall with all of that around 10 miles from your house off Barrett Parkway, so why would we need another one in Cherokee County? I live in Holly Springs in another master planned community (there are others besides Bridgemill, you know...lol), and while I wouldn't say that I want to "fight change to the death", I'm not really into seeing another mall like Town Center pop up anywhere near my house- on the rare occasion I need to shop at such a place, I'll drive the 15 minutes to do so.

I grew up in central NJ (Woodbridge) with two major malls less than five minutes from my house, and while at first I thought it was peculiar that we didn't have one "around the corner" at our new house here in GA, I now I'm glad it's not. It's cool that my kids can ride past a pasture full of cows on their 1/2-mile trip to school in the morning, rather than past Woodbridge Center.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdemartini View Post
Haha. Funny thing is when we were looking at a house there, we talked to one of the neighbors and she mentioned the same thing...
So did you get any info for me????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia