Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:12 AM

58 posts, read 135,691 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with the newer developments on Lake Russell? There are many new land lots for sale, and in gated communities like Newtons Landing, Patriots Pointe, Savannah Bluffs etc. All are on the GA side and near Russell State Park and boat ramps.
Many are marked sold, but building is just beginning. I would like to hear from anyone who has purchased or sold there to get your take on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 12:11 PM

35 posts, read 170,658 times
Hi AlanSD. Savannah River Club is fairly new. It hasn't been worked on much, but they have a great plan, and some very nice views. I also have a community for sale on Lake Russell called Waterpointe Subdivision. Sales have gone pretty well, but it is mostly investors who have purchased - not many end users. Virtually no one is building in any of the subdivisions. In general, Lake Russell is beautiful, peaceful, and the water level is always the same. The lack of dockability throws some people, but then again that is why some people like it. I am a real estate agent in the area. If you want me to look up some properties for you, don't hesitate to reply and ask. I'm with All Hart Realty out of Hartwell. Also, if you want to visit my Blog site, I have written an article on the differences between Lake Hartwell and Lake Russell under the Lake Russell category. My blog site is Moderator cut: No advertising your site allowed. Please refer to CD TOS.

Last edited by MB2; 06-11-2008 at 05:54 AM..

Old 06-25-2008, 06:53 AM

I see that not many are building there yet. The lake is spectacular and I figure its just a matter of time before the building starts.
I have been out there four times now and always amazed at how beautiful the lake is and how quiet, yet so close to ATL metro.
Wonder if anyone out there has plans to build soon? I did see a few log homes going up and a few homes already built, but like you say; not many.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 12,832 times
Default Savannah River Club at Lake Russell

Alan,

There has been tremendous change at Savannah River Club at Lake Russell. A high end home builder from Atlanta is starting construction on three spec homes in the next few weeks. This will make it the first subdivision at Lake Russell with spec home construction.

The first three homes will be lake cottages in the 1,600 to 1,800 sq. ft. range. The guardhouse at the main entrance is finished and the front sign nearly complete. The promise of the upscale community it is planned to be is finally starting to show.

John

Old 07-04-2008, 06:35 PM

I also just heard of a million dollar range home going to be built in Sandy Landing . That won't hurt the neighborhood!

Old 07-04-2008, 09:16 PM

2 posts, read 12,832 times
Default New homes at Lake Russell

That is certainly great news. Lake Russell is still fairly unknown, new homes in the neighborhood will attract more people wanting to live there.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:16 PM

35 posts, read 170,658 times
I truly look forward to seeing Savannah River Club get some of the promised infrastructure and amenities in! We've seen far too many brilliant plans fail to come to fruition in this area after we told people about them. I also look forward to seeing home building around Lake Russell to bring that level of owner to our area.
What we need most are successfully structured, high-end communities in the Lake Hartwell and Lake Russell area, to begin competing with those lesser Georgia Lake communities which are kicking our tails in the housing development arena.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:59 PM

It was explained to me that a lot of speculation was going on the past few years as lot prices were lower, and people jumped in and out.
It seems now that more real homeowner types are buying and hopefully this is leading to them to be building as well. The speculation will always exist of course, but maybe its slowed some in the partially developed properties.
I for one hope to get something built in the next few years if all goes according to plan.
I have tried to get the word out to those who might be interested that this is a jewel of a lake, and so close to the big ATL it is hard to believe that it has not yet been built up. I am so glad I found this lake.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,150 times
There are a few places where people that buy are really buying for themselves and not just investment. At Blackberry Bend we are putting in our 5th driveway (out of 17 lot owners) and have already approved plans for a 4,000 ft home on lot one. Because we have really large, private lots (the smallest around 2.5 acres) and allow our lot owners to use their lots before building (camping) and have a 1,000 ft minimum, we have a different kind of buyer than many of the other developments. Lot owners are out there every week and are planting bushes, pecan trees , etc and really enjoying being a land owner at Lake Russell!

Old 09-11-2008, 12:59 PM

Now that sounds good! I for see more happening like that as time goes on and we get further away from the economic malaise we are in. Lake Russell is still an undiscovered treasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia