Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 05:03 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post

The MTA, Long Island Trains, Grand Central Station, and every public place has been clean top to bottom, EVERY SINGLE DAY........at the beginning, some of the poor people were resistant to wear masks, he made sure there were plenty of them for free.........food..........was given to anyone who needed it......along with free hospital care......this gentleman, has kept his cool all along the pandemic, at the same time, that NYC has been dealing with BLM, and all the terrorist groups destroying and looting this City. He has earned the respect of MOST NEW YORKERS, and even though, he does not always agree with the way the Mayor is running the City, he has not shown his anger in any way.......and has never put him down in publicly......he has given 200% of himself, and for that many, many people admire him........
Hate to tell you this but there is no such thing as “free”. NY is facing a massive budget shortfall and has been begging for more stimulus funds to make up for decades of wasteful spending.

https://www.news10.com/news/nysdob-r...sis-for-state/

Time will tell but according to my family and friends in NY the state was shut down too late and too hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 07:09 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,561,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Atlanta proper would actually do pretty well against Covid-19 had it not been barred down so heavily by Kemp.
I agree. We'll see what happens during in the fall and winter since it's projected to be worse than what we've seen so far.

Old 07-14-2020, 12:38 PM

88 posts, read 79,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seussie View Post
Speak for yourself.

ReadyForWhatsNext: Thank you for your post. It's a great reminder of social responsibility, and, when people fail to meet those expectations, their entitlements should definitely be rescinded. Let the 14-day quarantines continue! Similarly, when I read your post I thought of that image going viral in some European country–a business had out on its chalk sign "All Americans must be accompanied by an adult," before entering a store. Only some would be offended by that.
Hi Suessie and thank you all. Anywho... since New York was right there... right in the title of the thread, I thought it would be okay to have a New York voice. It seems the informed among us are coming to the realization that masks can make a difference. That if the whole country had gone on lockdown for 21 days at the mid to end of March, all of these wasted months could have been avoided. It's the same as being in a public pool... you're not going to stay in your end of the pool when people in the other end of the pool are peeing and pooping and mucking up the water. Sooner or later, it's going to reach you, like it or not. Maybe not the best analogy (did I just wrtie anal?) ha. anyway the point is we're all in this together whether we like it or not. So I'm for a nationwide 3 week enforcement. Believe me, we're not happy about it as we've been in self-isolation since March 13... that's 4 months or 120 days already... Otherwise, we're just going to keep re-infecting one another and this thing will never be beaten.

We're planning to make our escape from Manhattan by mid-October before the east coast gets slammed again -- and it will. Just wait till flu season.

Savannah, here we come! Hubby bought me a strand of pearls and a new pill box hat, so I'll be ready for proper society. ha.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:20 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
I have to put my two cents here: I am not Republican nor a Democrat. I vote for the best man or woman.....It is nice to be Independent .

The Governor of New York City, Mario Cuomo, has been every single day, on television LIVE, sometimes over an hour, explaining to us how to care for ourselves, and families, so that we do not get it........since the beginning of the pandemic. No other Governor has done anything close to that......

The MTA, Long Island Trains, Grand Central Station, and every public place has been clean top to bottom, EVERY SINGLE DAY........at the beginning, some of the poor people were resistant to wear masks, he made sure there were plenty of them for free.........food..........was given to anyone who needed it......along with free hospital care......this gentleman, has kept his cool all along the pandemic, at the same time, that NYC has been dealing with BLM, and all the terrorist groups destroying and looting this City. He has earned the respect of MOST NEW YORKERS, and even though, he does not always agree with the way the Mayor is running the City, he has not shown his anger in any way.......and has never put him down in publicly......he has given 200% of himself, and for that many, many people admire him........

AND BY THE WAY, BLM is still trying to destroy this City, with multitude of marauders roaming the streets and avenues.... acting up, their aim is to OCCUPY WALL STREET, which is also the name of one of the terrorist groups.......but they are in for a long, long, long fight.......
Hi the governor of New York is Andrew ... Mario is his father ... & governors don’t lead cities, they lead states. No such thing as the “governor of New York City”

Old 07-15-2020, 10:30 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Hate to tell you this but there is no such thing as “free”. NY is facing a massive budget shortfall and has been begging for more stimulus funds to make up for decades of wasteful spending.

https://www.news10.com/news/nysdob-r...sis-for-state/

Time will tell but according to my family and friends in NY the state was shut down too late and too hard.
Georgia will have to shut down hard too. It's only a matter of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia