Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2007, 04:04 PM

511 posts, read 2,477,037 times

Advertisements

Downtown Macon is being overtaken by the Medical Center along with Mercer University. They're buying everything, there littlerly refacing Downtown Macon and for businesses who make a living from Downtown how do you fill about this does this affect business is it good or bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 06:51 AM
GP2

81 posts, read 999,683 times
Hmm...well, I guess since Macon has turned into a crack head town, its good that the hospital is there for overdoses...and Mercer can trian lawyer who can sue the decent out of towners who hit them with their car when they stumble out into the street.....So I guess its just how you look at it, whether its good or bad....LOL

Old 02-16-2007, 05:46 AM

First the Medical Center of Central Georgia the second largest employer in the area and is the second largest hospital in the state, also the only Trauma 1 center in the area, so what does that mean for many areas around us. Let's set up a scenario, say a serious accident happens right in front of the Houston Medical Center, the accident will result in one victim having heart sugery immediatly, he will not be transported to the Houston Medical Center, but once again he is right there in front of the Houston Medical Center. Anywayz, this victim will have to be transpoted all the way to MACON, to the closest hospital able to handle his condition, sounds sad doesnt it. So there's probaly more surrounding area people in MCCG than people of Macon. I was in Houston County this past week, and I drove past the Houston Medical Center we'll there happen to be more MCCG trucks there rather that HMC ambulance why is that, once again MCCG is the only Trauma 1 center in the area. Next, Mercer is one of the most historic colleges in the U.S. there's also a branch of Mercer in Atlanta, as well as Savannah, but the headquaters is right here in the beautiful city of Macon. There are people come from all over the world to attend Mercer. So it would be really aprrechiated if you arent going to say anything good dont say anything at all.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:41 PM
GP2

81 posts, read 999,683 times
As I have told you, I`m not trying to upset you....I just see the truth where you try to color it differently.
Macon is a shell of its former self...plain and simple.....and IN MY OPINION (which is something nobody can change, nomatter who deletes what or what is said), Macon is a crack town that is very soon going to be less than 2 percent white and it cant compare to Houston county.....Once again, that is MY opinion.....Macon needed the trauma center...with all the gun crime happening over there, they needed far worse than we did...LOL

Old 02-19-2007, 03:22 PM

Macon needed the trauma center because Warner Robins wasnt around for the trauma center to be put there. The Medical center is one of the oldest operations down town. I here you and what does race has to do with crack. Also its not coloring it, Macon is beautiful and suburbs are not to colorful themselves, along with a base that is more than have of the cities limits.Moderator cut: Personal

Last edited by xxman777; 02-19-2007 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Take it off the board
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia