Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2007, 08:03 AM

12 posts, read 41,205 times

Advertisements

We are retirees and both are 67 yrs old. Our Daughter and family live in Alpharetta. Over the last three years we have looked around the entire area and each time we find our selves returning to Canton and the Mountain View Sub in particular.

Can anyone offer any input on that sub and the builders that have been building there? The last half of the development is what we liked.

The sub is situated in a deep valley and I have always wondered how it handles the rain run off during big rain storms.

There has been a big change in the traffic in the area between Canton and Alpharetta since we first discovered the area. Are there any signs of that improving?

How is the medical care and facilities there?

I am particularly interested in golf and the viability of cheaper golf. Being from Michigan where cheap senior gold is plentiful I would find that an issue in any move. I know that there are some upscale courses in the area but they really do not interest me. I would not find it a problem to have to travel 20 miles to find reasonable rates if they are available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 05:50 AM

86 posts, read 438,016 times
Well the Mtn View sub is a great area! The builders in there are very good quality builders. RL Glosson is who started this sub and he built and owns the Winchester rest. at the top of that hill as well. Cheap golf, not gonna happen in this area. I live in Canton, know the area very well and I am an ex-golf professional and I know that cheap golf is hard to find anywhere in the Atlanta area. And when you are talking cheap, what price range as about the best you might find in the Canton area and even 20 miles from there is maybe a twi-light rate in the upper $30 range, but you might be lucky to get 18 holes in with the play the courses get at that time of day. Weekends you are talking $65+! PM me if you have any specific questions on Canton as I/we have lived here for 4yrs now but been in the Atlanta area for over 14yrs now. I know all about the Mtn View sub as we looked at moving in there just recently, problem was we could not sell our home with the market conditions currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia