Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 11:14 AM

63 posts, read 223,353 times

Advertisements

I moved here almost 2 years ago and I wish I would have stayed were I was at because despite the bad schools and crime. At least they cared about people, since moving here we have had a hard time making it, even when we had 4 people working it was Ramen Noodles for most suppers, my sons have been discriminated against, we have no health care cause we can not afford the insurance and I can not even find a free clinic to get a prescription for asthma,all they want down here is MONEY MONEY MONEY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 11:45 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,092,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmama11961 View Post
I moved here almost 2 years ago and I wish I would have stayed were I was at because despite the bad schools and crime. At least they cared about people, since moving here we have had a hard time making it, even when we had 4 people working it was Ramen Noodles for most suppers, my sons have been discriminated against, we have no health care cause we can not afford the insurance and I can not even find a free clinic to get a prescription for asthma,all they want down here is MONEY MONEY MONEY.
My wife and I certainly aren't "rich" (our combined income might put us in the upper half of middle class households, but we still carry a LOT of debt from previous unemployment stints in another state that sucks up almost all of our spare cash), but we still seem to be able to make it work.

Georgia is a large and varied place, and I think it's hard to draw sweeping conclusions about the entire state based on a single family's experience in a single location.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:59 PM

819 posts, read 1,592,977 times
And you moved to Georgia for what reason? Did you do your research on the economy, etc.?

Old 05-22-2009, 01:26 PM

593 posts, read 2,895,303 times
Did you find somewhere cheaper to live than georgia?

Did you ever find that free clinic you were looking for?

Or any affordable health insurance?

I don't think you are going to find any of that anywhere in the united states but if you have found it, for the love of god, please tell us where.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:44 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,226,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
And you moved to Georgia for what reason? Did you do your research on the economy, etc.?
It doesn't matter. You can tell all the Northerners on here how bad it is until your blue in the face, they don't listen.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:37 PM

199 posts, read 628,022 times
sounds like you need to move back to the paradise that you left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2009, 12:19 PM

16 posts, read 44,757 times
That's a broad generalization! There are lots of places in GA where the cost of living is much lower than the national average! Affordable healthcare is an issue that plagues the entire country-even WITH health insurance.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:06 PM

593 posts, read 2,895,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodiebee View Post
Affordable healthcare is an issue that plagues the entire country-even WITH health insurance.
This is very true. This is not a local problem.
We do have Peachcare though. I don't know much about it.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:50 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,103,187 times
Wouldn't the cost of living in much, if not most, of Georgia outside of metro ATL be BELOW national avg?????? Can't make that generalization.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:36 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,533,106 times
The cost of living even in metro ATL isn't bad at all. I guess the OP can try California if he wants a welfare state. THEN he can talk about tough COL and not being able to make it. Ever wonder why San Fran, the city with one of the highest incomes (it's a top 5), has so many homeless people? 85K/year (average in the city of San Fran) seems like a lot until you pay mortgage on that 800K house. In Atlanta, the average is about 55K for the city and 70K for the metro, but the housing prices are about 165K and other things are less as well. Believe me, it's MUCH harder in other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia