Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 12:26 PM

5 posts, read 7,922 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!!

After carefull thinking and some biasis persuading for my Georgian fiance we have decided to take the plunge and move to Georgia. We currently do not have jobs in Georgia but plan on securing ones BEFORE we move.

Now to the question. haha.
We are looking around the Alabama/Georgia border near LaGrange/Villa Rica and Carrollton. (All of my fiances family lives there). Does anyone know of any places hiring I am a CNA and he works with Metal Fabrications? We are willing to work in mediocre jobs to start seeing as we have arranged to live with family for up to a year. We have substansial savings as well and two vehicals with no car payments.

Also any advice on good neighborhoods and areas as we wish to have a family in the next 5 years would be great.

Any information on companies, hospitals, neighborhoods or any other opinions would be GREAT!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR OPINIONS!!

P.S We will not be moving without one of us securing a job. So no need to tell us to stay put. We already have decided if we must we will wait a few years.

P.S.S Sorry for any grammar errors or mispellings I am typing on my cell and can not scroll up to grammar check myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 01:13 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
I don't live there, but I have a cousin that does, and basically that whole area is pretty good. A little pricey, lots of horse people, beautiful terrain, etc. Don't know the industry though.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:47 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle18 View Post
Hello everyone!!!

After carefull thinking and some biasis persuading for my Georgian fiance we have decided to take the plunge and move to Georgia. We currently do not have jobs in Georgia but plan on securing ones BEFORE we move.

Now to the question. haha.
We are looking around the Alabama/Georgia border near LaGrange/Villa Rica and Carrollton. (All of my fiances family lives there). Does anyone know of any places hiring I am a CNA and he works with Metal Fabrications? We are willing to work in mediocre jobs to start seeing as we have arranged to live with family for up to a year. We have substansial savings as well and two vehicals with no car payments.

Also any advice on good neighborhoods and areas as we wish to have a family in the next 5 years would be great.

Any information on companies, hospitals, neighborhoods or any other opinions would be GREAT!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR OPINIONS!!

P.S We will not be moving without one of us securing a job. So no need to tell us to stay put. We already have decided if we must we will wait a few years.

P.S.S Sorry for any grammar errors or mispellings I am typing on my cell and can not scroll up to grammar check myself.
Lol--I'm certain you will receive some fyi. ROFLMAO--you are savvy to the 'ways' of the internet--and perhaps in RL have been advised thoroughly--love to meet people who decide what they want to do and DO IT anyway.

You certainly can do this--no doubt in my mind.

This is a good area - Pine Mountain GA>>>

Callaway Gardens | Georgia Vacations: Georgia Resort Spa & Golf - Family Vacation

http://www.pinemountainchamber.com/

Columbus--Go to thread #2>>>
http://www.city-data.com/forum/colum...tary-town.html

Old 04-01-2011, 10:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Lol--I'm certain you will receive some fyi. ROFLMAO--you are savvy to the 'ways' of the internet--and perhaps in RL have been advised thoroughly--love to meet people who decide what they want to do and DO IT anyway.

You certainly can do this--no doubt in my mind.

This is a good area - Pine Mountain GA>>>

Callaway Gardens | Georgia Vacations: Georgia Resort Spa & Golf - Family Vacation

http://www.pinemountainchamber.com/

Columbus--Go to thread #2>>>
http://www.city-data.com/forum/colum...tary-town.html
I'm in the same boat as the original poster. I will be moving to West Point, GA soon as possible with my spouse but the one thing holding me back is I find myself lacking a job. I too am willing to work just about any type of job and possible go to college.

Any information on colleges in the West Point/Pine Mountain area?

Also, I actually applied at Callaway Gardens two weeks ago. (Laundry Worker, Reservations Clerk, Clerk/Food Stock) I received an e-mail the following day saying my resume was being evaluated and compared to others and I will be contacted asap. Nothing yet.

Any advice or info on other jobs in the area?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:00 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago313 View Post
I'm in the same boat as the original poster. I will be moving to West Point, GA soon as possible with my spouse but the one thing holding me back is I find myself lacking a job. I too am willing to work just about any type of job and possible go to college.

Also, I actually applied at Callaway Gardens two weeks ago. (Laundry Worker, Reservations Clerk, Clerk/Food Stock) I received an e-mail the following day saying my resume was being evaluated and compared to others and I will be contacted asap. Nothing yet.

The largest college/university in the area is the University of West GA/Carrollton--they have ads on TV--must be intent on attracting more students--and staff>>>
*I attended WGC---it's a nice area--developing from a small town--posters who live in the area seem reasonably satisfied---commute to ATL if they have to, etc

The University of West Georgia

Southwire---
Southwire Named Among Best Places to Work in Atlanta

Employment West GA---Google>>>
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...n+La+Grange+GA

Old 04-02-2011, 07:27 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago313 View Post

Columbus State University has a satellite campus in West Point. Of course the main campus is 35 mins south.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:22 PM

5 posts, read 7,922 times
Thank you all for the advice. My fiance has a job interview coming up and I'm trying to set one up this week. If everything works out we could be in Georgia in the next few weeks. Advice is still welcomed as we haven't decided on a location yet. Also, any advice on apartments would be great. We have family to live with but the quicker we get our own place the more like home it will begin to feel.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:20 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle18 View Post
Thank you all for the advice. My fiance has a job interview coming up and I'm trying to set one up this week. If everything works out we could be in Georgia in the next few weeks. Advice is still welcomed as we haven't decided on a location yet. Also, any advice on apartments would be great. We have family to live with but the quicker we get our own place the more like home it will begin to feel.
If you have questions about apartments in the Columbus area let me know.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:47 AM

14 posts, read 41,996 times
Good luck for u!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia