Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 06:31 AM

4 posts, read 3,994 times

Advertisements

has anyone used a website-service at "Owners.com" to sell their house ? thank ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 02:28 PM

wow, no one? anyone sell without a realitor? did you use the mls listing?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 AM

43 posts, read 153,126 times
We sold a home recently through a realtor because the market is so difficult and realtor's have more connections. I do have a friend who "sold by owner," but it was to someone she knew personally. We decided the services of a good realtor were worth the commission (which usually is negotiable to at least 6% and occasionally 5%).

We looked at the Owners.com site for a home but ended buying through a realtor before we sold ours.
Check the realtors carefully and get recommendations, interview them. Some are movers and shakers, many aren't.

I have posted a few questions on the GR area city site. It seems a few questions, especially threads asking for opinions about areas, get lots of responses, but many get few or none. Hopefully you will get a few more.

Good luck with your home sale.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:50 AM

43 posts, read 153,126 times
We sold a home recently through a realtor because the market is so difficult and realtor's have more connections. I do have a friend who "sold by owner," but it was to someone she knew personally. We decided the services of a good realtor were worth the commission (which usually is negotiable to at least 6% and occasionally 5%).

We looked at the Owners.com site for a home but ended buying through a realtor before we sold ours.
Check the realtors carefully and get recommendations, interview them. Some are movers and shakers, many aren't.

I have posted a few questions on the GR area city site. It seems a few questions, especially threads asking for opinions about areas, get lots of responses, but many get few or none. Hopefully you will get a few more.

Good luck with your home sale.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:10 PM

thank ya for the repley. the market is so tight right now it is possible selling my house through a realitor might not cover my current mortgage. and i am ahead on it! sure sucks, i am sure we all know

Old 05-18-2011, 06:37 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,272,461 times
My brother just bought his house by using for sale by owner's website. A little different. All depends on how much work you as a seller (and the buyer) are willing to do. FSBO is great for people who don't believe in others mooching off their profits and have the time to do the work. Others just decide that it's not worth the hassle to deal with listings, viewings etc and would rather outsource it to someone else for a margin of the price. Either option is fine - just depends on preference. Try FSBO first - give yourself a couple months and if that doesn't work - switch to a realtor.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:18 AM

thank ya, yea. i bought the place "by owner" onmce ya buy and sell a couple places really theres not a whole lot to it. back in the glory days of real estate you could make enough money to pay a realitor. not this days. so i am gonna give it a try. thank ya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area