Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:17 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,354,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
Just restating what you said:
No, pesticides are not harmful to us.
I agree.

No, genetic modification of plants and animals are not good for us.
I agree that they're no better or worse for us than their unmodified versions.

Ok, so if correlation implies causation, then the average life expectancy has gone up quite a bit because of the increased chemicals in our food.
Wow, that's a blunder. I meant to say that pesticides and GMO food is bad for us. If you didn't get that from my post. Natural and organic is the best way to go.

Unfortunately, The FDA controls what food we can eat and what medicines we can take. If you don't think the FDA is taking bribes form the major food corp and the big pharm then you are blind. (probably from the GMO and pesticides.) Chemicals are not natural to the body. Anything created in a lab to consume is probably not good for your body.

unfortunately, the Government(FDA) imposes so many regulations on natural farmers that they have to hike prices to survive. Making eating healthy expensive and hard to do. They allow major food corps to mass produce products with chemicals and additives. They make them cheap and easier to afford. The government even supports this with most welfare programs.

I am sorry, but pesticides, GMO's and other non natural additives are bad for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 07:04 AM

169 posts, read 337,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
If you don't think the FDA is taking bribes form the major food corp and the big pharm then you are blind.
Sounds like a big conspiracy to me!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Sounds like a big conspiracy to me!
Hey, when one of the GMO's they create or a pesticide they use destroys thousands of acres of crop or livestock it'll come out. I am just waiting for something similar to the BP oil spill to expose it. It will happen, probably sooner than later.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 AM

Yet we're still using just as much oil as we did before the BP oil spill.

Quote:
I am sorry, but pesticides, GMO's and other non natural additives are bad for you.
Prove it.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Yet we're still using just as much oil as we did before the BP oil spill.

Prove it.
What do pesticides do? KILL! If pesticides are safe then why is the FDA and other groups concerned about them getting into our water? Point proven. http://www.pesticidereform.org/downloads/E07hazards.pdf

Is a fish or cow being grown to full size in two weeks natural? How do they make it grow faster? By altering it's DNA. By changing the way it was intended to grow. Not natural, not something our body was made to recognize or digest. Point proven.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:29 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Yeah...it is a total marketing ploy.

However, I do like to buy things like chickens that haven't been shot up with hormones and antibiotics.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
What do pesticides do? KILL!
Yes, they kill pests. Bugs. You calling me a pest?

Quote:
Is a fish or cow being grown to full size in two weeks natural? How do they make it grow faster? By altering it's DNA. By changing the way it was intended to grow. Not natural.
It's not "natural". So what? How does that make it bad for me?

Thanks for the response. However, these statements prove nothing.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Yes, they kill pests. Bugs. You calling me a pest?
Pesticides can be harmful to humans and other animals as well. Why do you think Pesticides are in the MSDS book? Why do they have a caution on them.
They are harmful if you ingest enough. They cause certain illnesses and brain problems.

Quote:
It's not "natural". So what? How does that make it bad for me?

Thanks for the response. However, these statements prove nothing.
Um, your body was made to digest certain things and to absorb the food you eat into your body to be used as energy and health. By Altering the DNA of an animal or plant you are changing its structure and how your body digests and uses it. Animals that are enriched to have more Vitamin C, E, or D are not natural. I don't want a chicken that is made to taste like beef or pork. I want a chicken, plain and simple. No changes, just the way nature intended.

Plus, natural food tastes alot better.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
They are harmful if you ingest enough.
Vitamin C is harmful if you ingest enough. Heck, even water can kill ya if you ingest enough.

Quote:
I don't want a chicken that is made to taste like beef or pork.
Now THAT is a product I would buy. Just to try it.

We digest these altered foods just fine. I don't know where you get your crazy ideas from.

Quote:
Plus, natural food tastes alot better.
And chocolate tastes a lot better than vanilla.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Vitamin C is harmful if you ingest enough. Heck, even water can kill ya if you ingest enough.

Now THAT is a product I would buy. Just to try it.

We digest these altered foods just fine. I don't know where you get your crazy ideas from.

And chocolate tastes a lot better than vanilla.
you just don't get it and probably never will. How about we see who lives longer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates