Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 04:49 AM
EA EA started this thread

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times

Advertisements

I wish reading comprehension was something people actually had.

"I'm looking for your motivation and how it felt."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 08:41 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,575 times
Motivation... well I guess I can only speak of meth as I don´t consider Psychedelics hard drugs. I never did more than snort a small line of Heroin and take a hit from the tin foil once I was hanging out in Hawaii One of my surfing buddies was doing it I had never even seen Heroin before and just wanted to see what the big deal was. Never could get in the needle thing.

Meth, well it was around me since high school, growing up in suburban San Diego and I was always a bit curious and pretty much tried everything. At first just for energy to stay up late for parties and as a sailboat racer sometimes for overnight races. I worked in a yacht rigging shop and when we worked on Saturdays we always did a line in the morning. I guess I kind of got addicted to it when I started to smoke it, the body rush makes you want another hit and seems you sort of fiend for it kind of like crack vs normal cocaine. How did it feel-well I liked the energy and loved the body rush after you take a hit from the pipe. I always put it down but ended up coming back.

Smoking pot helped me to quit when I gut the urge do do meth I just smoked weed and then did not miss it so much. As I said I was getting really into climbing and wanted to get healthy.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:38 PM

388 posts, read 275,992 times
Default Been there done that--only once.

I don't much do even 'soft' drugs other than an occasional Aleve
But about 12 years ago, in a rural setting party, I did take a couple of pills of Ecstasy. That was the only 'hard' drug other than maybe a couple of pot brownies some years ago. The Ecstasy experience was very good. I was sitting on a lawn and suddenly--when that first 'hit', I saw Christmas lights on all surrounding tree limbs. My hosts took into the house (I was staying there for 2 nights) just to make sure a first-timer like me won't go too far. I was supposed to have taken only one but took two. Anyway, I had a great chill. Was shivering on a sofa. Must have made everyone very nervous. But that phase passed in a few minutes and I had the time of my life. Danced and drank. Found every woman around me irresistible and, politely, pursued them all. No luck that night--they knew what was happening.
I think I wanted to 'been there and done that'. No desire for me. Now only some wine, beer, and mixed drinks.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:44 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeatheist View Post
I'm writing a book and one of my characters will be on drugs. I know very little about drugs I'm looking for some insight.
Please pm me with your story. I'm looking for your motivation and how it felt. I'm not here to judge you I just want to accurately depict drug usage.
Specifically meth and heroine. Thanks to anyone who helps.
There is a serious difference between drug "use" and drug "abuse". Specify exactly what you want or you won't get an answer. Do you want a depiction of the results from using a specific sort of drug (which varies wildly based on quantity, personality, and type of drug taken) or the effect of being a junkie? Most of the time a junkie isn't "on drugs", most of the time he is trying to obtain drugs. In fact his whole life is dedicated to that aim. It's an experience that hopefully no one here has gone through and I would suggest a more specialized forum to get that particular depiction of hell.
Otherwise you will get pages of posts saying "yeah I did meth once...". Big whoop! I've consumed things that would kill an elephant but I won't mention it. I doubt that would interest you.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:10 PM

Both, either, doesn't matter. A couple of decent descriptions of the feelings experienced, and reasons why you started taking is all I need. An account of abuse would be icing on the cake.

Something like.

"I took ___ and felt warm, invincible, energetic, followed by a hard crash"

Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 AM

519 posts, read 1,023,939 times
One time I got under a wool blanket, put on a suit of armor, and drank some coffee, all while driving recklessly. I felt warm, invincible, energetic, followed by a hard crash.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 PM

138 posts, read 168,942 times
Dont do anything at all now, don't even drink ( I'm 23). However from 18 to 21 I lived in europe and went of the rails partying. Did cocaine probably about 20 times over a few months. My motivation was all my friends were doing it and it was accessible and seemed glamorous. Why the f not?! It made me very very chatty, very happy and excess energy. Stayed up three nights in a row partying with a buddy once club to club (in London). come down like a bad hangover.
Ecstasy I've only done three times but it was great every time. The one and only I would consider doing again. You feel great, love everyone and everything and basically everything you do is orgasmic. Same motivation as above, always took it with friends then moved on to clubs. Never experienced a bad come down, mainly just tired and very 'meh' for a couple days.
Tried shrooms once. Didn't do anything no desire to try again
And then weed and alcohol. I loved alcohol and binge drank for three years. Horrible horrible thing alcohol. I saw so many things and it destroys your body. If anything should be illegal it should.
Weed I smoke on occasion now mainly during sex. Besides all the well known effects of weed, it can make for some very hot and erotic love making!

Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 PM

That's along the lines of what I am looking for, too bad you didn't try meth. Wait, that doesn't sound right. lol

Old 11-06-2013, 07:34 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
'Heroin' has no 'e' on the end of it. A 'heroine' would be a character in a book.

I did some Angel Dust (I think) once, by accident. A friend had been trying to get me to smoke dope, I had given it a try a few times but didn't really like it- I either just fell asleep, or puked and *then* fell asleep...I liked my booze much better. But, he convinced me to give it one more try...so we smoked a couple of joints. Then we were sitting in an empty office, and I could have sworn that there were colored lights, music and a crowd of people all around. There weren't. Some small, still rational part of my mind knew that it was all an illusion, a hallucination that simply wasn't true.

I did not like having things appear 'real', that were not real, and not being able to distinguish true reality. Had I not been able to maintain a grasp of the fact that these things I was seeing could not possibly be real, I might have gotten into some serious trouble. Who knows what would have happened had I left the office and gone into the street? I can picture some nasty scenarios.

That was the last time I used such things for 'recreational' purposes.

In the military I sometimes used amphetamines/methamphetamines when it was necessary to remain awake and alert for periods longer than what might be considered 'normal', but strictly for mission purposes and never as recreation.

Heroin is the 'street name' of a form of the opiod analgesic morphine, known variously as diamorphine, diacetyl morphine, or morphine diacetate. Morphine diacetate is used legally in clinical settings, believed to have fewer side-effects than morphine, and is more potent because it is more fat-soluble (therefore requiring a lower dosage to be effective).

I have used morphine/morphine diacetate for pain management after serious physical trauma but I seriously dislike the effects- it makes my brain 'fuzzy', it is hard to focus and difficult to maintain a coherent thought...it also makes me want to puke. I can't take codiene, or any of its analogues or derivatives either, I have a severe negative reaction to them. Given a choice, I'd much rather have Demerol, Darvon, or Tramadol if necessary for pain management, but never for recreation.

I do not understand why anyone would want to use this stuff recreationally. Maybe other people experience the effects differently, I don't know.
I don't think I've heard the phrase 'Angel Dust' since the last Rockford Files episode I saw in rerun about 20 years ago...

Old 11-06-2013, 08:09 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times
I grew up in the Philly area where Pagans saw to it that meth flowed like water out of a tap. I worked for a band in the 80's and used it as sort of a tool, not really to get "high", but to do lots of work til 4:00am. The first time I did it, it was a religious experience almost. I never felt so great and invincible! It was fantastic!!, But, Im no different than anyone else ~ The work became secondary to the tweaking. I went through a period where I cleaned up my life in all ways, so the meth went away, but I still think about it, Just the good parts, for some reason I conveniently forget how absolutely horrifying you feel, look and smell about 48 hours into it. Horrific. Meth heads are people you really, really dont want to hang around, or let come into your little sphere of reality. Potential segment of COPS at any given moment
That what little memory of that stuff I have left. Sort of like my teef . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates