Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 10:51 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
i go around town and i noticed many young women have babies and the dads are not around. ive met some and they say their dad sucks at providing for their kids. some of them ive met the dad has not came around in a few years, but its like a trend or something. why are people not puting importance on being a family and sticking together, instead some like to put others things in priority. what kind of world do we live in today ?
The government and taxpayers foot the bill for single moms. So they go off and have children with the hot deadbeats.

If you take away all of the social programs for women (or if you tax single mothers like China does), you would eliminate much of this problem.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:54 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
The government and taxpayers foot the bill for single moms. So they go off and have children with the hot deadbeats.

If you take away all of the social programs for women (or if you tax single mothers like China does), you would eliminate much of this problem.
Doubtful, because biology is always going to win out in the end. All you will do is end up with the same fixes you had in the mid part of the last Century. Unhappy couples staying together because there were no other options.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:01 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Doubtful, because biology is always going to win out in the end. All you will do is end up with the same fixes you had in the mid part of the last Century. Unhappy couples staying together because there were no other options.
So basically what your saying is that there will always be women who make bad choices in picking suitable men. If so, you basically proved my point. This is one of the reasons why I don't feel bad for women who end up in bad relationships with irresponsible men. You reap what you sow when you make irresponsible decisions. I'm glad not all women are like that but for the ones who do make irresponsible decisions when it comes to relationships, deserve everything they get in life.

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 02-06-2015 at 11:13 PM..

Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Then the arguments shift. The society has already released the man or men who have had sex from the shame of being a fornicator and if the government refuses support there is more incentive for women to be more selective when opening the gate. In theory fewer couples will be breaking up because there would be fewer couples to begin with.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:46 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
Nope. If women were socially shamed or worse (financially taxed), they would think twice about their decisions. There will likely be a drop in children born out of wedlock.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:04 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times
Quote:
Nope. If women were socially shamed or worse (financially taxed), they would think twice about their decisions. There will likely be a drop in children born out of wedlock.
That didn't work in the past, so why do you think it would work in the future?

Maybe all men should be financially taxed to provide support for all the children their gender creates but doesn't take responsibility for since so many ex-husbands fail to pay court ordered child support and so many single guys spread their seed indiscriminately.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:39 AM

1,100 posts, read 796,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
You can't really do much to change that if women continually choose to sleep with those irresponsible men. There are plenty of women who are drawn to these type of men because those type of men know how to play on their emotions. Sometimes these women look pass the good guy when it comes to dating when they are in their teens and 20's then wonder why they can't find a good guy later on in life. If you chose to have children with irresponsible men then you deserve everything you get as a result of it.
Well, yeah. If they do not listen to the parent in abstaining from sex before marriage, and ignore after knowing all the lines that sinful lying men will use in getting them into bed before marriage, then the irresponsible woman deserve everything as a result; not the parent.

Of course, some parents will still care for the irresponsible adult regardless. It's called love.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
So basically what your saying is that there will always be women who make bad choices in picking suitable men. If so, you basically proved my point. This is one of the reasons why I don't feel bad for women who end up in bad relationships with irresponsible men. You reap what you sow when you make irresponsible decisions. I'm glad not all women are like that but for the ones who do make irresponsible decisions when it comes to relationships, deserve everything they get in life.
It isn't even about picking suitable men or women. Just because you date someone =/= you wanting or seeing yourself spending the rest of your life with them. I can say without a doubt that I have dated people that I saw no potential in as a long term thing. They were enjoyable to spend time with, but lacked what I want in someone I plan to make a life with. And sometimes that perfect mate you have does a 180 when things like this happen and bolts. Sometimes the signs of what the person will be like are evident and often times they aren't as well. What people say they will do, and what they end up doing often is a tad different.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:34 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
The woman has complete control. She can refuse sex without condom. The man also has complete control since he also can refuse sex without condom. Unwanted pregnancy is the woman's fault and also the man's fault. But, again, the woman does have complete control. When someone has complete control over the situation and still lets it go awry, it is his/her responsibility.
It's not the man's fault when it comes to unwanted pregnancy. A man can't force himself to have sex with a woman unless it's rape. It's the women's body, so it's her complete responsibility if she chooses to have sex with a man not wearing a condom. Too many double standards in this country. If a women is given the responsibility to abort a child then she should also be held accountable for who she chooses to have unprotected sex with. The main problem is that despite living in a so called "gender equality" society, women aren't pressured to be as responsible as men are in America. Women are much more likely to get lesser sentences for the same crime a male commits. Even divorce laws have extreme gender bias which heavily favors females. That's the reason why there are so many young women living so irresponsibly today. Society perpetuates their irresponsible behavior, while men will face harsher consequences if they choose to live irresponsibly.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Well, if men were shamed or worse (financially taxed), they might reconsider putting the purple yogurt slinger into a container, no? That mentality didn't work out that well 50 years ago either. Why would you think in modern times it's going to be a better option? And since teen pregnancies are happening at far lower numbers today it's likely what we are doing now is more effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates