Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 03:18 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Condoms is considered birth control in my book which protects from STI. I make guys wear it............
And I find so many Men who refuse to wear condoms.

One would think they would want to have their fun without any risk but for whatever reason or delusion, a lot don't......and I don't with those who don't.

Further, I carry my own, I'm perhaps paranoid that way.....or perhaps not. I had one date who had me all "hot and bothered"....and more and I had him the same and then he announces, innocently, that he left them in the car.

Which sort of comes back to the debate. Despite the logic of modern science, around the world, perhaps at all ages, one will find those who deny fact and probabilities to insist on believing, rather, in some delusion for some reason, whatever that may be.

So, for advice, believe in yourself, in your own safety, and (it may be a poor pun but I'll use it), cover your six.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 06:59 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
And I find so many Men who refuse to wear condoms.

One would think they would want to have their fun without any risk but for whatever reason or delusion, a lot don't......and I don't with those who don't.

Further, I carry my own, I'm perhaps paranoid that way.....or perhaps not. I had one date who had me all "hot and bothered"....and more and I had him the same and then he announces, innocently, that he left them in the car.

Which sort of comes back to the debate. Despite the logic of modern science, around the world, perhaps at all ages, one will find those who deny fact and probabilities to insist on believing, rather, in some delusion for some reason, whatever that may be.

So, for advice, believe in yourself, in your own safety, and (it may be a poor pun but I'll use it), cover your six.
I have only problem with one guy who did not even like me using the pill so I showed his the door.
I found plenty of guys are willing to used it.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:40 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
But somehow my friends and I are childfree and STI free.
So are a lot of people. Just saying accidents happen and just because obtaining and using BC has worked great for you does not mean it is the case for everyone.

I actually agree that there are way too many unplanned pregnancies and BC is easier than it has ever been to obtain. IMO, at least in my southern rural, conservative bible belt area lack of sexual education and attitudes regarding sex are one reason there are unplanned pregnancies at least among the younger women. Small towns where one has an hour or two drive to get to a clinic and still everyone there knows you and your family discourages some young women from obtaining BC. Silly yet some would risk pregnancy before enduring embarrassment and having their parents find out.

Another thing I see is that for some young girls with little future in site a baby is almost like a badge of honor. All medical expenses and formula and baby food are paid for as well a great deal of available government services. Sometimes it seems it is more taboo to talk about and use birth control than it is to have an illegitimate child.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:19 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,806 times
Quote:
Male condoms are highly effective and they don't have of 18 percent failure rate.Female birth control will not protect you against any STI. I told guys I will not have sex with them if them they do not use condoms and only guy had a problem with it and I give him the boot.15-50 dollars for pills a month or buying condoms is reasonably than raising your kids on minium wage. There is at two plan parenthood in each state so the that will work with people with no insurance
Okay lady, I am done talking to you. One, you came here with the preconceived notion that women (and men) don't use birth control simply because they are lazy and irresponsible expecting everyone to jump on your ignorant train and you clearly have no intention in changing that point of view no matter how many facts are beaten over your head.

Secondly, you are basing this notion on the fact that you and your 5 friends are lucky enough to have access to birth control and lucky enough to not have gotten pregnant or contracted a disease. Those are not facts to base data on. You and your friends can't possibly accurately represent 160 million sexually active women.Those are your anecdotal stories. BTW if birth control has a fail rate of 1%, that means 1.6 million women WILL become pregnant ON birth control, which leads me to my third point...

You clearly don't know what you are talking about, you are not reading my links to open your eyes to this issue which means you are refusing to educate yourself (NOT being open minded as you claimed) and you are making **** up. You say male condoms don't have an 18% fail rate (with no proof), yet I provided you a link to the CDC, that if you took two seconds to open you would see that statistic right in front of your face. First you say BC is $50 a month, now it's $15. Which is it? Then you say every state has at least two clinics, which is total BS because I know for a fact that North Dakota only has ONE.

If you want to keep being a judgemental, unempathetic, arrogant jerk, then go ahead, but you are going to continue to look foolish to anyone who has the slightest bit of education on this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates