Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 11:24 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
Having kids costs money.
A fact that, oddly, poor people in America don't ever seem to take into consideration. And yet their kids are always provided for. That's odd, right? LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 12:09 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
LMAO, and now he's like "you know the real reason welfare doesn't work? It's because the money is actually going to corporations!!!" You can always depend on liberals for logic and reason.
It's your contention re: "welfare doesn't work," another statement we can add to your "made up stuff file." Your various hate posts regarding your fears of "liberals" as the Satan of all things not in your realm of agreement, is certainly and obviously central to your poor debating skills as demonstrated here. I'm flat out refuting your complaint that I am making statements regarding your imaginary view of welfare as a thing that "doesn't work." Those are your own words inserted in others posts, and then attributed to them as a real quote. Please read the TOS on this forum..

Old 11-25-2016, 12:43 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The implication was that girls get pregnant to take advantage of welfare benefits and I call that BS, most girls who intentionally get pregnant do so because they have an unrealistic idea that they will have a kid and live happily ever after with their 16 year old boyfriend, and that's the same reason that a lot of girls got pregnant 50 years ago when I was in high school.

I do agree that most young girls are not responsible enough to use birth control regularly or properly- which is why they should use LARC (long acting reversible contraceptive). Heck, offer a $100 target gift card to every girl who is willing to use an implant or IUD, it would pay off in the long run

And parents have never been able to solve this problem, I had great parents, they were very responsible lectured me on the importance of waiting until I was married to have sex, they warned me about how different (in a bad way) my life would be if I got pregnant, my mother taught me about birth control and my father threatened to kill me if I got pregnant.

I listened and agreed with them and then I would walk out of the house get in my boyfriends car and we would drive out to the country and have sex. My parents could not fix my stupidity and arrogance, I was just lucky and didn't get pregnant.

Sometimes, luck will only get us so far, as far as stupidity and arrogance some of us carry it with us until the bitter end.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:54 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Sometimes, luck will only get us so far, as far as stupidity and arrogance some of us carry it with us until the bitter end.
and there is some consolation in this for people who never outgrow their belief in luck “You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.†— Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

Old 11-25-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
It's your contention re: "welfare doesn't work," another statement we can add to your "made up stuff file." Your various hate posts regarding your fears of "liberals" as the Satan of all things not in your realm of agreement, is certainly and obviously central to your poor debating skills as demonstrated here. I'm flat out refuting your complaint that I am making statements regarding your imaginary view of welfare as a thing that "doesn't work." Those are your own words inserted in others posts, and then attributed to them as a real quote. Please read the TOS on this forum..
This was a paragraph consisting of literally nothing except poor attempts at insults. I bet it was because of "corporations." LMAO

Old 11-25-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
A fact that, oddly, poor people in America don't ever seem to take into consideration. And yet their kids are always provided for. That's odd, right? LMAO
yet another opinion?

Old 11-25-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Better get your eyes checked then.
it would serve you well to read the City-Data TOS

Old 11-25-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
yet another opinion?
No, just more fact.

Quote:
it would serve you well to read the City-Data TOS
Right back at you.

Old 11-25-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
No, just more fact.
Right back at you.
unsubstantiated generalities are opinions, not facts. I have not violated the TOS, I don't troll and I do not engage in personal attacks or rude remarks, if you ever feel that I have violated the TOS, please bring it to my attention. This will be the last I will say about this, it is off topic and of no interest to anyone reading this thread.

Old 11-25-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
unsubstantiated generalities are opinions, not facts. I have not violated the TOS, I don't troll and I do not engage in personal attacks or rude remarks, if you ever feel that I have violated the TOS, please bring it to my attention. This will be the last I will say about this, it is off topic and of no interest to anyone reading this thread.
Since you're now just boring me, I think I'll block you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates