Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 08:31 PM

190 posts, read 250,274 times

Advertisements

It's usually non-black people who have the hardest time with this. What exactly is the problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-hb_20.3.210.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-h2_14.3.17.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-13920383_1068868536495795_960547329075143660_o.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-13913923_1069482259767756_999928647136555994_o.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-an00226957_001_l.jpg  

Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-48.28_detail_ps4.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-48.28_front_ps4.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-an00237782_001_l.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-an00454798_001_l.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-152201256.jpg  

Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-an00228280_001_l.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-tuthmosis4t2.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-an00228210_001_l.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-an00338204_001_l.jpg   Why do some people refuse to acknowledge Egypt as a civilization founded primarily by black Africans?-an00404146_001_l.jpg  

Old 08-22-2016, 08:40 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedBrother615 View Post
It's usually non-black people who have the hardest time with this. What exactly is the problem?
No problem except..The Egyptian civilization is old..very old indeed..and stating that it was 'founded by Black Africans' can be a bit misleading..which is to say...the original founders of Egypt..probably were dark skinned...but more Semitic in origin...once the Hittites..the tribe out of Africa that are credited with starting the Iron age... conquered The Old Kingdom...and intermarried for a few hundred years...the racial makeup changed and indeed, it would be correct to assert that 'Black Africans' were also Egyptians.

Yeah..a lot of whites have issues..but it would be an equally valid question..Why do so many Blacks feel that this is important?

Old 08-22-2016, 09:10 PM

You said the original founders of Egypt were "probably" semetic in origin. Well, it's a fact semetic people are not indigenous to Africa while the Egyptians were. Also, the question is not whether Egyptians were black or not because it's clear they were. The question is, why is it so hard for so many non-black people to accept the truth even when their own white scholars attest to it?

Old 08-22-2016, 10:10 PM

200 posts, read 278,766 times
So, I just read something about this earlier and you know why lol To do so would be a drastic reversal of many moons of erasing blackness. In school you learn about Rome, Asia,hell Latin but do not learn ANYTHING about Africa. It wasnt until I got older that I learned the truths about africa. Like, they really erased the history and pillaged the country. Its a trip. I had never heard of Mansa Musa or the wonders of Timbuktu until my mid twenties.

What I don't like tho, is the embracing of Egyptian culture amongst some blacks wen we directly come frome West Africa mainly out of the Yourba tradition which is RICH in science,culture and has a pantheon of gods (Orisha) who make them greek ones look like punks. Why on earth did I never learn this in school?

Old 08-22-2016, 10:47 PM

I couldn't agree with you more. It's like no one wants to admit just how much lying and distorting of history has been going on for the past 400 years.

It's the same for me. I just recently learned about Mansa Musa and I'm in my mid-20s.

And yes, it's so annoying when people overly embrace Egyptian culture. But I think it is whites who embrace it more than anyone. I mean just look at all the movies about Egypt. All the major roles are played by white people.

I simply acknowledge the fact Egypt is a black African civilization that gave birth to western civilization and thus it is important to know and understand its history but that's where I draw the line. I don't claim to be Egyptian.

Also, I'm just now learning about the Orishas. What books would you refer to learn more about Yourba history?

It's a lot of stuff we don't learn in school even on the subject of American history. We never learn about John Horse and the Black Seminoles, Toussaint L'Overture, Jean Jaqcues Dessalines, Gasper Yanga, etc. Our education system is a joke.

Last edited by EducatedBrother615; 08-22-2016 at 11:27 PM..

Old 08-22-2016, 10:59 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,892,143 times
Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more. It's like no one wants to admit just how much lying and distorting of history has been going on for the past 400 years.

It's the same for me. I just recently learned about Mansa Musa and I'm in my mid-20s.

And yes, it's so annoying when people overly embrace Egyptian culture. But I think it is whites who embrace it more than anyone. I mean just look at all the movies about Egypt. All the major roles are played by white people.

I simply acknowledge the fact Egypt is a black African civilization that gave birth to western civilization and thus it is important to know and understand its history but that's where I draw the line. I don't claim to be Egyptian.

Also, I'm just now learning about the Orishas. What books would you refer to learn more about Yourba history?

It's a lot of stuff we don't learn in school even on the subject of American history. We never learn about John Horse and the Black Seminoles, Toussaint L,Overture, Jean Jaqcues Dessalines, Gasper Yanga, etc. Our education system is a joke.
There have been a lot of posts on this forum about Egypt you may want to read them and educate yourself even Egyptians don't make absurd claims like "gave birth to western civilization".

Old 08-22-2016, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
There have been a lot of posts on this forum about Egypt you may want to read them and educate yourself even Egyptians don't make absurd claims like "gave birth to western civilization".

You're clearly in denial, uneducated or just a flat out shiftless liar. I guess you believe that western civilization started with ancient Greece? If that's the case then where did the Greeks go to be educated? They sure couldn't have gone any place in Europe to receive an adequate education in those times. Of course they went to Egypt....

Old 08-23-2016, 12:17 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,615 times
Quote:
You said the original founders of Egypt were "probably" semetic in origin. Well, it's a fact semetic people are not indigenous to Africa while the Egyptians were. Also, the question is not whether Egyptians were black or not because it's clear they were. The question is, why is it so hard for so many non-black people to accept the truth even when their own white scholars attest to it?
OK...so, if you might, address the rest of my post?

I would point out, that 1) most scholars will tell that all humanity was once "indigenous to Africa" and 2) that "indigenous to Africa" is not the same thing as saying "Black". Oh, and for a 3) most of the photos you offer as examples are from the "New Kingdom"-- which is to say after the Hittite conquest.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
OK...so, if you might, address the rest of my post?

I would point out, that 1) most scholars will tell that all humanity was once "indigenous to Africa" and 2) that "indigenous to Africa" is not the same thing as saying "Black". Oh, and for a 3) most of the photos you offer as examples are from the "New Kingdom"-- which is to say after the Hittite conquest.
I'm not addressing most of your post because I do not want to get off topic. My question is why is it so difficult for non-black people to accept the fact that Egypt was a black African civilization? You responded by saying it's because the original Egyptians were "probably" of semetic origin. I'm telling you that semetic people are not indigenous to Africa, whereas the Egyptians are; therefore, what you are saying does not make sense. Yes, humanity started in Africa but that doesn't mean every race is indigenous to Africa. Most of the pictures I posted are from the 18th dynasty which was ruled by native Egyptians, not Hittites.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:25 AM

Take this for instance. These people are clearly of black African origin, yet some folks will still argue vehemently that they were anything other than what they are. Why is that?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.