Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2018, 09:40 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Calling you a liar about what? Chill out a little.

I only brought it up because when you say "WE had mothers too embarassed to teach us about sex" YOU make it seem you're speaking for everyone. And when you say that often, and no one says different, it's like we're all on the same page...except we're not.
you need to chill out a lot....LOL

you come in and argue with me about what kind of mother you had, practically telling me you didn't believe me? And I need to chill?

I was talking about me, my sisters and my girlfriends, not you...How would I know what kind of mother you had?

And yeah, it seemed like you were calling me a liar....so?

we did not have the kind of mother you had, wish we would have....and a lot of my friends say the same...so, hopefully we learned from it...and informed our daughters more.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:42 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I am surprised and saddened that there are actually enough ignorant people to argue against due process where sex crimes are concerned

ANYONE can make up a story...and it happens all the time...women are very good liars...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Seriously, dude?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
dead serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Mightyqueen, I guarantee you if there was a nationwide mandatory and physically enforced DNA/paternity test of all children and their fathers, there would be a lot of devastated men.

It always amuses me how up in arms mothers get when a hospital accidentally gives them the wrong child to take home, but when a father discovers his wife/girlfriend has cheated on him AND given birth to the other man's child, he is just supposed to "get over it" and "biological ties don't mean anything..."
That's not what I'm talking about. My reference was to the misogynistic statement I bolded. "Seriously, dude?", as in "you actually SAID that half the population by virtue of their gender are 'very good liars'?" SMH

But, since you decided to use my post to change the subject and say what you wanted to say, I'll respond to it anyway.

Can you give an example of this ever actually happening? To be clear, I don't mean that a woman tried to pass off a child as her husband's when it isn't, I mean an example of when this does happen someone is told to just get over it.

I knew a man whom this happened to. He married his pregnant girlfriend and by the time the baby was born, she had confessed that it was her previous boyfriend's child and that she wanted to get back with him. The guy I knew had to go through some legal paperwork to "give up" the child because by law the baby was his. It was pretty devastating for him. This was many years ago. Nobody told him just to suck it up and get over it.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:03 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you need to chill out a lot....LOL

you come in and argue with me about what kind of mother you had, practically telling me you didn't believe me? And I need to chill?

I was talking about me, my sisters and my girlfriends, not you...How would I know what kind of mother you had?

And yeah, it seemed like you were calling me a liar....so?

we did not have the kind of mother you had, wish we would have....and a lot of my friends say the same...so, hopefully we learned from it...and informed our daughters more.

Here's what you said:

"Again, when I was growing up, our mother's were embarrassed to talk about sex to us...and that's a great mistake, when mother's refuse to talk to their daughters about sex and dangers...sex is not a bad thing, and our mother's should have never done that to us, b/c it opened us all up to some pretty sticky situations that could have gone wrong. It is a mother's JOB and responsibility to make certain their children are well understand the topic and also the dangers...."

You made it sound like you were talking for all females, and all our mothers. You did not specify just yours and your friends' mothers.

And since you're in THIS forum, which I'm participating in, (Not YOUR mom or YOUR friends) I had to assume you thought you were speaking for all of us. Now we've clarified that's not what you intended.

And how, and what did I say that implied you were a liar? I was pointing out that your statements did not pertain to me or to my mother. Your experience was not mine. Even though you addressed it to all the females on this forum. That wasn't calling you a liar. It was saying you were incorrect.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Here's what you said:

"Again, when I was growing up, our mother's were embarrassed to talk about sex to us...and that's a great mistake, when mother's refuse to talk to their daughters about sex and dangers...sex is not a bad thing, and our mother's should have never done that to us, b/c it opened us all up to some pretty sticky situations that could have gone wrong. It is a mother's JOB and responsibility to make certain their children are well understand the topic and also the dangers...."

You made it sound like you were talking for all females, and all our mothers. You did not specify just yours and your friends' mothers.

And since you're in THIS forum, which I'm participating in, (Not YOUR mom or YOUR friends) I had to assume you thought you were speaking for all of us. Now we've clarified that's not what you intended.

And how, and what did I say that implied you were a liar? I was pointing out that your statements did not pertain to me or to my mother. Your experience was not mine. Even though you addressed it to all the females on this forum. That wasn't calling you a liar. It was saying you were incorrect.
Oh my gosh, just forgetaboutit, it's not worth it....ok....lets move on....

Old 10-22-2018, 10:22 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Oh my gosh, just forgetaboutit, it's not worth it....ok....lets move on....

That'd be great.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:27 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
First off, no one was telling you anything, I and another poster were having a conversation, of which We, her and I agreed on...didn't have anything to do with you, nor were we telling you to see any silver lining....or great lesson...ok? So I believe it was rude of you, to come in with both barrels blazing and telling me to give you a break, when actually no one was talking to you...

We all come from different backgrounds, it might be a great idea to understand, just b/ you don't agree or believe in what ever someone else is discussing doesn't make you right and me wrong....and no one is telling you how you should believe...so why come into this with an argumentative post?

and as far as your Great Fantastic, now a little more attention to the SOURCE of the problem, please? I don't understand, why? Is what you have to say more important than what we're discussing.

And what exactly is the SOURCE of the Problem?
If you're having a private conversation then DM each other - otherwise every post can be commented on.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:34 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
ANd just how does one decide who the false accuser is?
You mean the jury after the trial? After the accusers story fell apart, and maybe she admitted she lied?

Old 10-22-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
BTW, seriously, what % of men are addicts - you think those men are the only ones doing the assaulting here? Are you saying the majority of women are "playing these games"? Are you saying a majority of the assaults could be avoided by women? You don't think that if one woman manages to avoid being assaulted that the guy doesn't just move on to the next vulnerable woman? Just because you or I have managed to so carefully and intelligently avoid being assaulted doesn't mean some other woman didn't - we've just shifted who the victim is - not lowered the numbers of victims.
discussing anything further with you is just so darn much work, I'd rather just move on....thank you

Old 10-22-2018, 11:06 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Give me a break. There are many situations in life where we learn lessons that does not mean we in ANY way advocate for those situations and hope they happen to others. If your first "lesson" had been rape you would not feel the same way - as you state, SS. And CB - just because you learned how careful you would and STILL need to be every effing day of your life doesn't give cause for any joy. These situations to avoid would have been unnecessary if some FATHERS taught their son their own lessons. Men are the aggressors in these situations and could have chosen not to act.
Mostly you're right. But I think back to my own sister beginning in her teen years. She put herself into every sexual situation she possibly could. My mother let he go camping with a boy when she was 16. Now what do you think my sister was thinking when she made that arrangement? That they'd go out and study botany along the trail? You say that men are always the aggressors. Not always.

Old 10-22-2018, 11:08 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Well, I guess you're not making it very well.
I don't know how much more simple I can make it.

Expect people to play politics when they operate in the political world. My god...that's the way politics work every day, every month, every year since 1776.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates