Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 04:52 PM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I know what you mean about "that's my pet". When I lived in Florida, before I got my dogs that someone tossed out of their car, I was looking on PetFinder for one. There was the most adorable dog in the world, named "Bob Barker", and I couldn't stop staring at him, plus the name just made me happy. I knew that was 'my' dog. Unfortunately, someone else adopted him before I could.

As for "do animals love", I think people expect them to "love" in the same way that humans do. Of course it wouldn't be the same thing. It was already pointed out all kinds of characteristics that animals do not have, but they do have some emotions that we have, do they not?

Do they fear? That's an emotion. Do they get happy? That's an emotion. Do they get sad? That's an emotion. Of course animals have emotions. Some of them even deal with anxieties - which evokes an emotion. The way I look at "do animals love", is that yes, they do, but not like humans do. They aren't humans. If my animals constantly (and I mean constantly) want to be around me, get happy to see me, dance around me at the mere sight of me - not because they are going to get anything like food or a 3 day outing, simply because I walked out of one room and into another room that they happened to be in - to me, that is their version of "love". My answer is: Yes, they do, but not like humans do. It doesn't have to be the same, and I think that is the mistake that many humans make when considering that question.

Also, it IS possible for your pet to have a "favorite" type of music - it's the sound that they like. I know this because I used to drive long distances in my car doing courier work as an Independent Contractor many years ago, and I would take my dog with me (a dog from the past). I played music while we drove. Nothing, I mean no other music, not one artist, ever calmed her down (cause holy hell was she hyper), like Enya did. If I wanted my pet to lie down in the seat and remain calm, I'd put on Enya. No other music did that for her.

They are ridiculously intelligent, and they have their own "sense of humor" - silly little things. My rats were smaller than what most people think of when they think of rats. Mine were the size of a gerbil but had a tail. They were adorable, they had their own little personalities...ratalities? They were characters. They loved when I would take them on outings. Lucy only went on my shoulder at the beach, every other time, she insisted that I cup my hands together, and she would ride in that "cup", her little front feed over the tips of my fingers, and her little head investigating and sniffing everything. She never tried to get away - she enjoyed the attention she got - she knew she was safe with me. Monique liked my shoulder, and she, too, would stay there on outings. Never once tried to leap off. I'd take them all over downtown Seattle to show them the sights. I took them to the beach, like I said earlier. I would take them on car rides - they enjoyed all of it. And, their best friend was my cat, Serenity. They loved Serenity, especially Lucy. Lucy could not get enough of that cat, and that cat would lick Lucy like she was a kitten, and would allow Lucy to snuggle up between her paws, and they would both fall asleep on the bed that way.

I thought this was a joke at first, but then I saw this....

So, you're serious, jbgusa? Are you actually serious saying "battery with their tails"? Really?

ocnjgirl: Dogs are only as good as their owners. I've met plenty of Goldens who are holy terrors.
I can’t remember the other thread, but JB states that Goldens “kill lots of kids” with their tails, deliberately. I am sure I argued with him about it on previous threads, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 01:57 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Because people are aholes and animals aren't

Old 12-03-2019, 02:23 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Because people are aholes and animals aren't
LOL. I probably call one of my dogs ahole at least once a day.
Sunday it was Zuri who stole a stick of butter (again) snuck it to my bedroom where she guarded it half the day growling at any other dog that went in there. I finally figured something wasn't right and found the butter, "hey, ahole, what you got now?" "which one of you aholes did XYZ"

But yeah.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:58 AM

103 posts, read 52,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. I probably call one of my dogs ahole at least once a day.
Sunday it was Zuri who stole a stick of butter (again) snuck it to my bedroom where she guarded it half the day growling at any other dog that went in there. I finally figured something wasn't right and found the butter, "hey, ahole, what you got now?" "which one of you aholes did XYZ"

But yeah.

That sounds similar to our puppy Chihuahua Dora who acts out like that. We joke that she is our little ahole.

Last edited by Brown Darby; 12-11-2019 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: profanity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates