Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:30 PM

531 posts, read 499,994 times

Advertisements

Yo...scgranny....thank you for your kindness with comment lacking a cut down, because I remember going into underground silos with my father who was a technical writer/had been in the service but then did it as a civilian,also...and vaguely remember such conversations.My generation doesn't seem to know a lot...the younger ones have only heard about it thru movies and "roswell"....and the older people don't wanna talk about it.Thank you again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 04:37 PM

765 posts, read 1,911,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach_Fla View Post
gee....I just had to look a little bit further and I found people who were friendly and not cutting...and willing to talk altho it seems No one is still allowed near that area.Guess the gov. and the grown-ups(and geez...now, I'm old) are still saying"shhhhhhhhhh".....So....sorry I bothered You "On this frequency".(and by the way,the "king "did die,because he couldnt keep his nose out of a pile of drugs....which is really too bad 'cause he really could sing !!!!)So much for Hero worship.
I don't know why you attack me i am not the one who came into a forum didn't read the sticky and posted a dumb thread.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:49 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,034 times
I kind of think that there have been a few real accounts of people that saw something - maybe a UFO, maybe a plane or a glow in the dark Frisbee - but they did indeed see something unexplainable. But I think that most of the accounts are from people that are just nuts or looking for some attention and their 15 minutes.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:25 AM

Default oh....so sorry elvis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
Another so called "Great debate" good job mods
Can't imagine what gave me that Idea....Please accept my apologies.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:07 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Can't imagine what gave me that Idea....Please accept my apologies.
Peach_Fla, I'd still be interested in this: "Maybe it would be interesting to talk about why you (over)heard stories about this from your parents. Did your parents believe that we had been visited by aliens?"

Old 12-22-2008, 11:39 AM

tungsten_udder.....I don't think so...but once again...couldn't ever bring up the subject.But my dad always said"who knows" or "Ya never can tell"...Or yes..".but I can't prove it!!!!My Father was a tech writer at a missile base.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:03 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
I've heard stories thru my parents and their "grown up" conversations all my life....then when I was old enough to think for myself and It all comes back Via Media Through my "era".Then I read about it and Watch movies and stories about it on Tv. Those older voices are all "gone" now...but they were mentioning names and places and I've always wondered about... the truth....does any one else???? Remember??????
I've been told to never tell..

Old 12-23-2008, 01:30 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,167 times
If your talking about Roswell, the simple question is that it was in 1947 and it's been so diluted no one knows what the heck went on. But Col. Jesse Marcel Jr. writes a good read on it, look it up. He was just a boy at the scene but his father Maj. Jesse Marcel was the first officer on scene. My personal theory was that it was a "flying wing" created by the Air Force but top secret, most military advances are a few decades ahead of mainstream technology, Marcel was in the 509th squadron which today not surprising flies the B-2.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:00 AM

Thank you rangerduke08...for an opinion...as that's what I was asking.....And I'll check out the book as I didn't exactly know what name of author to look for...You see i was born in1950...so I wasn't around when it actually happened...it was years later when we were there....I appreciate your opinion...Perhaps other's will do so in the future....

Old 12-23-2008, 04:37 PM

765 posts, read 1,911,345 times
[CENTER][/CENTER]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates