Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:39 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,870,563 times

Advertisements

Wow o wow

YouTube - The Union: the business behind getting high
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 11:54 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,763,852 times
The "war on drugs" killed the Miami area. This is a ridiculous concept and needs to be eliminated. Whenever Government takes rights away, people suffer. The real drug pushers are those connected with the medical industry. I have not used, and do not intend to use cannabis, but have a strong love of freedom and liberty and drug prohibition is a disgusting and failed concept that only makes drug dealers rich- both legal and illegal.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:23 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,551,091 times
I hate to say this, but by the time I was halfway into it, I was laughing at the way it tries to spin weed as such a great thing.

But I'm too tired to start, for the 109,562nd time a thread on legalizing drugs.

Now, all that to say this. While studies (the ones not done by pot heads) have proven that weed does lead to worse drugs, I see it as no worse that booze. If we legalize booze so strong that two small drinks make one drunk enough to make driving so difficult they start killing people with their cars, then why not decriminalize small amounts of weed as well. I guess it makes sense.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:33 PM

659 posts, read 1,086,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I hate to say this, but by the time I was halfway into it, I was laughing at the way it tries to spin weed as such a great thing.

But I'm too tired to start, for the 109,562nd time a thread on legalizing drugs.

Now, all that to say this. While studies (the ones not done by pot heads) have proven that weed does lead to worse drugs, I see it as no worse that booze. If we legalize booze so strong that two small drinks make one drunk enough to make driving so difficult they start killing people with their cars, then why not decriminalize small amounts of weed as well. I guess it makes sense.
And over and over, studies (not the ones done by religious zealots and propagandists) have proven that weed is not a gateway drug. If given the choice of weed and alcohol, I'll gladly pick weed. At least I know I can smoke till I can't smoke no more and won't pass out and end up in the bed of someone I don't know (with a horrible headache to boot).

Old 02-08-2009, 06:59 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
And over and over, studies (not the ones done by religious zealots and propagandists) have proven that weed is not a gateway drug. If given the choice of weed and alcohol, I'll gladly pick weed. At least I know I can smoke till I can't smoke no more and won't pass out and end up in the bed of someone I don't know (with a horrible headache to boot).
your are only speaking the truth and god shall replenish you with love and flowers weed is better than alcohol. alcohol sends you to the moon and weed sends you into low orbit. their is no comparison its like godzilla against a frog.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:34 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
About 15 years ago, there was a roomful of recovering drug addicts.
It took until the 40th person to find one who didn't start with marijuana. It is definitely a gateway drug for many.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
There is a reason they are called potheads.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:41 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It took until the 40th person to find one who didn't start with marijuana. It is definitely a gateway drug for many.
i bet they drank alcohol before they smoked weed!! everybody i know used alcohol before weed alcohol is the real gateway drug!! i got drunk before i used anything els i do not drink alcohol any more and do no other drugs exept an acausal bob marly splifffff alcohol is the true evil of the two substances.smoke a joint and see what happends to you..drink a bottle of rum and see what happends to you and then you will see the truth.. may the force be with you..

Old 02-08-2009, 08:50 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,918,298 times
Quote:
And I wonder how many of them started with Caffeine, nicotine, and/or alcohol?

Old 02-09-2009, 02:16 AM

659 posts, read 1,086,069 times
Quote:
And?

Tell me, how many of them started with alcohol? Nicotine? Caffeine? Stress? Really now. I can say that ten people died and they all drank water before they went to bed, so water must make people to die. Absurd right? Do you want the link to the sites that say the gateway drug theory is absolute moot? You don't even have to ask, I'll provide them for you!

Gateway drug theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In 1999, a study by the Division of Neuroscience and Behavioral Health at the Institute of Medicine entitled "Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base," found no evidence of a link between cannabis use and the subsequent abuse of other illicit drugs on the basis of its particular physiological effect.
Quote:
We've shown that the marijuana gateway effect is not the best explanation for the link between marijuana use and the use of harder drugs ... An alternative, simpler and more compelling explanation accounts for the pattern of drug use you see in this country, without resort to any gateway effects. While the gateway theory has enjoyed popular acceptance, scientists have always had their doubts. Our study shows that these doubts are justified.
Study say marijuana no gateway drug | Science Blog (http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/study-say-marijuana-no-gateway-drug-12116.html - broken link)

Quote:
Reverse pattern users were more likely to have lived in poor physical neighborhood environments, had more exposure to drugs in their neighborhoods and had less parental involvement as young children.
Quote:
While the gateway theory posits that each type of drug is associated with certain specific risk factors that cause the use of subsequent drugs, such as cigarettes or alcohol leading to marijuana, this study’s findings indicate that environmental aspects have stronger influence on which type of substance is used. That is, if it’s easier for a teen to get his hands on marijuana than beer, then he’ll be more likely to smoke pot.
Actually take the time to read the posted articles; you might learn something. Remember: Google is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates