Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:09 AM

161 posts, read 414,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
You went illogical when you said fate and God's will. I guarantee you someone is going to say at some point that this is God's punishment.
Excatly. how silly for people to say that the non existing God loves everyone....but then turn around and say that he's going to chop off the number of people in half! lol
i mean, come on....when are people going to stop being soooo stupid and just wake up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:35 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
A man at work was quite outspoken when he said that he thinks the Swine Flu is a good thing if it kills off some of the world's population. He said the world is hugely overpopulated and it needs a war or huge epidemic to "thin the herd" a bit. He says that the only way that the earth is going to survive in the future is a mass die off of people and maybe the swine flu may be the ticket.I asked him if he would grieve if his family and friends died from a huge mass epidemic of the flu. He said sure but that would be fate and God's will.I think he is right and that eventually the world is going to see something really big that kills many people and it is God's way of thinning the herd. What do you think?
Is this guy nuts? How could he think it is a good thing for people to get sick and die? I am at a loss for words on this one and that is a rare occasion. Thin the herd??? Is he a Nazi?? Tell him to read about all the people during WW2 who were in concentration camps, have him look at some of the photos and then tell me if he still thinks we need to be "thinned out".

I truly don't think anyone can sit back and be complacent saying "It is God's will that people suffer and die". God has given certain people the talent to be able to save lives which is evident in the many brilliant medical people I personally have met over the past year. I had open heart surgery for an aneurysm I didn't know I had last year. No symptoms and it was discovered by my General Practicioner, who then referred me to a cardiologist, and from there I was referred to one of the most brilliant heart surgeons in the United States....do I think it would have been God's will if I had died without a fight...NO and for anyone to think that God wants to "thin the herd" is absolutely outrageous.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
[quote=rarch;8625469]The world would only be better off if the swineflu took all the members of armies and police forces and govt spy groups and airforces and military industrial complexes and the worlds richest people
and the chances of it targetting just those groups is very unlikely[/quote

That's a sure way of bring back canniabism has the arrowheads left will eat each other;since they wouldn;pt have keeeprs to feed them.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:36 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Your friend may have to wait for a different pandemic.
This one may be spreading but it doesn't appear to be adhereing very effectively to the requirements of a population reducer

Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 AM

943 posts, read 3,160,401 times
I do not think the guy at work would like to see any mass misery but he did say if 2/3 of the world's population just died at once after the world's shock and fear ended we would be better off. He may be right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates