Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 09:08 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
You very well may be on to something. got any Links?? hahahahah
Sir Isaac Newton: The Universal Law of Gravitation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 09:19 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What happened to WTC 6? No fires yet it was heavily damaged and barely standing.

You are comparing WTC 7 to other buildings that had just fire damage and then making the case that it had to have been brought down because fire alone couldn't have done it.

So, you implicitly assuming that ONLY fire affected WTC 7....which brings us back to WTC 6.

Follow now?
Sounds like the makings of your very own thread. go for it.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Don't flatter yourself.
Don't worry Scooter, I won't.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:39 AM

So let's see where we stand here. Pro, believe what ever the gubment feeds them---2 or 3 guys. People that aren't sure but smell a rat in the trash bin. 2 or 3 guys. folks that have nothing to ad, so instead attack the messenger, 2 or 3 guys. --Looks like a three way split. ---Learned nothing of the events leading to the fall of building #7, nor did I expect to. There were no "Facts" found then, and won't be in the future. There is however several equivalents to the "Zaprurder Film". But one is judged a "Conspiracy Theorist" if any of them are referenced. Inferring they are all fake. Why? Because it conflicts with the "Official report". The evidence is long gone.----But I did get to reconfirm the same pattern of Human behavior, as I have seen in other threads that are controversial. If you disagree with a point of view, but have no information to discredit it, then first vilify the poster, and any one else that would even dare disagree with you. People are getting easier to figure all the time. Then try to pidgin hole them into a box, that only nut jobs would be in. ---this works on some folks that are trying to support a particular theory. but no so well when a person has no point of view, and is just shaking up things, in an attempt to get to the truth. I saw absolutely no new information. and we are right where we started. I still don't know what happened.---Nor do I really care, but thanks for playing.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:40 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Huhh?
Layman's terms:

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, the it must be a duck.

Unless you are a conspiracy theorist.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:03 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Layman's terms:

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, the it must be a duck.

Unless you are a conspiracy theorist.
Okay. We'll I'm not a conspiracy theorist. And while I do think there is room to question official stories - and we should approach them with some skepticism - there's also a point at which it's absurd to just keep making up more and more far-fetched scenarios.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Okay. We'll I'm not a conspiracy theorist. And while I do think there is room to question official stories - and we should approach them with some skepticism - there's also a point at which it's absurd to just keep making up more and more far-fetched scenarios.
I couldn't agree more. Maybe you could point out a "far fetched scenario", and we could all look into it. Since the truth is all we are looking for. The facts should not favor one side or the other, but just be the facts. and from the facts, we should be able to come to the truth, hopfully. ---When all this first happened, I looked into many sites, that were abviously biased one way or the other. Not so much in here. People seem more informed, and more concerned with finding what actually happened, then just proving their opinions to be correct.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:33 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
My own feeling on the number seven building is that we will never know what really happened on that day. The official story is like the one that has sufficed for years regarding the Kennedy asassination.

we live in the most powerful nation on the planet, and because of that we can't trust our own government. That's the kicker in all of this speculation about 9-11, it's interesting to engage yourself in the guessing game but at the end of the day we'll all be in the dark. This feeling that our government is less than honest will be our lasting legacy in the land of the "free".

Old 11-13-2009, 11:24 PM

I may not trust Our "elected" officials, but I trust the American People, to not let themselves be fed a line, and then say thank you sir, may I have another. We seem so willing to belive what ever we are told to believe. --but told by Who? A bunch of guys that are trying to get re elected the moment they get elected. Politicians should have no place in Our Gubment. we need Statesmen with courage and wills of Iron. to stand up and tell us, (their Bosses) the truth. We deserve, and even better, pay, for that much at least. Don't blow smoke up my pants leg, and tell me it's Christmas.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:33 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
I don't know how it's possible to watch the collapse of building 7 and not realize that it was a controlled demolition. It first buckled in the middle and then collapsed in on itself at free fall speed. It's just not possible for that to have happened due to any damage caused by debris. Fire would not cause that kind of collapse even if it consumed the entire building and raged for 24 hours.

For the building to come down the way it did, every single steel support structure would have had to fail at exactly the same time. That is just not possible in the absense of a controlled demolition.

Finally, the charges necessary to demolish this building would have taken quite some time to plan and implement. The plans and the placement of the explosives could not have taken place in the few hours between the collapse of the towers and the collapse of 7.

If people would just use their brains and think about this and watch 7 collapse again they could not come away with any other conclusion.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates