Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:06 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,883 times

Advertisements

Sorry for waiting so long to reply, I was living life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingGA View Post
Marissy,

Wake up already!

Women who have kids with the wrong guy ARE abused and the kids are too. Emotionally if not physically. The days are gone where both parents stick out the poor behavior and attitudes of the other parent for the sake of their kids.
When did I say that they weren't? Please show me. You stated something about men leaving children is abuse, and your whole topic involved bashing men, so I was reminding you that plenty of women abuse children too. There are frogs and snakes in both genders.

Quote:
I couldn't stand not being treated fairly or kindly to someone who was fine when we dated but changed after I had his kid and he thinks he "owns" me. Yup, he got physical trying to put me in my place, because I made more money and had more college than he did. That's not even starting the other issues that were a factor.
That has nothing to do with the original topic. Your original topic involved forcing sterilization on people, which I am against. I never said you should stick by a man who abused you.

Quote:
Stop the exploitation of women and children by making sure vulnerable women don't get suckered into abuse by just being responsible for THEIR OWN CHILD. Read "The Price of Motherhood" and read "Flat Broke, with Children" and Read "One nation, undivided" and tell me an INFORMED opinion. I thought I was the only one being treated unfairly until I read those books. It maid me wish to get my tubes tied when I was single but no doctor did those before a woman has a kid in the 90's.
Ok, I am really not understanding this point. *rereads original post*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 04:12 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,883 times
This is what I was mainly debating in your original post.

Quote:
Here is my humble proposal for the fastest way to end welfare while still improving the lives of all children in the US.

Since it's okay by society rules for me to sleep around, maybe the men should get forced to get vascetomy if they get over $7K behind in child support or have more than one they refuse to pay for. Innocent children should not be forced into poverty because their dads leave them. PERIOD.
No, people shouldn't be forced into sterilization. This isn't a nanny state. The men should be fined or have other harsh punishments, but it is ALWAYS WRONG TO FORCE SOMEONE TO DO SOMETHING WITH HIS OR HER BODY WITHOUT PERMISSION! Unless they are convicted criminals, which is different.

Quote:
If ANY men who sow their wild oats can't keep making kids, then it benefits EVERY taxpayer in the long run.
Not really. It may be a small change in taxes, but not enough for people to actually notice.

Forcing women only to have two babies is the same as banning abortion. You can't tell a woman what to do with her body. If she wants to have more than two, then oh well.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:21 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Ive said this before, but I dont see how anyone can justify permitting abortion while fining fathers for abandoning their obligation to provide financial support. If fathers dont want to physically work to have their wages garnered, or face imprisonment, that too is forcing someone to do something with their body, that they do not necessarily want to do. Shouldnt he be able to control his body as well?

Old 12-03-2009, 05:52 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,463,432 times
Quote:
Doesn't work because once a month, something has to come out from there if the woman is not past child bearing age.

There is also nothing to keep the guy from finding a way to take it out.
You don't insert it silly, just keep it firmly between yer knees. That once a month thing, is the only time y'all are safe.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:59 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Gee, I wonder if I would have dedicated a huge argument on the internet denouncing my ex and his lovers that they might have read it. I mean, that would have solved every little thing.

I woulda showed him.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:12 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I think it would help a lot if we stopped telling people that babies are cute. Start putting ugly ones on magazine covers and in TV ads.
Is there such a thing as an ugly baby?

GL2

Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times
Quote:
Here is my humble proposal for the fastest way to end welfare while still improving the lives of all children in the US.

Since it's okay by society rules for me to sleep around, maybe the men should get forced to get vascetomy if they get over $7K behind in child support or have more than one they refuse to pay for. Innocent children should not be forced into poverty because their dads leave them. PERIOD.

The rules should apply to ALL men regardless of race, education, socio-economics, work history, whatever. They get only one "chance" to screw up one kid by being lazy or whatever motivates men to cheat their OWN kids. But the main point is that there are standards of responsibility and the first option will make all the abortion debates moot. Women with kids have a hard time working and even more so with special needs kids. Women make less money anyway so it's time to make the men pay. Women who can't get pregnant won't have abortions, so that moral issue goes away too.

If ANY men who sow their wild oats can't keep making kids, then it benefits EVERY taxpayer in the long run.

lol...Don't worry I am not going to check on the answers but I think this the ONE solution everyone avoids....Yes, I even think the rule should apply to women. In modern age, no one woman needs more than 2 kids or 2 pregnancies. FYI, I only had 2 and my tubes are tied. I was married but marriage is not permanent either.
Typical embittered, spurned, women's libber, man-hater babble. I stopped reading your juvenile suggestions after the first sentence, since that's where your flaw in logic immediately appeard. You condone your sleeping around (read: promiscuous sex) while proceeding to heep blame on the men.
Maybe your best contribution to the welfare and uncared-for baby problem would be to stop sleeping around.
Ya think?

Old 12-03-2009, 09:46 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Even if I did, it would never be an excuse for a child to starve or go hungry or go homeless while the guy eats steak and buys a house. Seriously now!
Not everyone that is in arrears in child support is buying houses and eating steaks, that is ignorant and quite frankly very biased considering your situation.

Quote:
It's not meant to be man bashing (though I am pointing out one error) but let's face it, I might not get to a new city to start a new job because of the loser who lied to me 13 years ago. And he's still making excuses......
No offense, but you are just as at fault as he is, since you admittedly didn't pose those questions before engaging in an activity that caused your current situation. Work 2 jobs, hell 3 jobs, save every penny; eat ramen and rice and beans, no new anything, and scrimp and coupon cut; and you can move on your own. It just takes time and patience.

As for the thread starter, insane idea. A court of law can not (in this area anyway) force you to have ANY medical procedure, or force you to ingest any chemicals as a punishment. (which is why you see people that are given the option of either the an-abuse or jail time, cause the court can't force you to take the meds.)

Old 12-03-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
I rember seeing this Birth control item--it was big piece of foam rubber, the size of a coffee cup. --the Women just had to hold it between her knees, to prevent pregnancy.---looked like a good idea to me.
Never mind the fact that some forms of sex do not involve the woman have her legs open....

Old 12-03-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:

Doesn't solve the issues of what to do to reduce the current welfare rolls. That was the goal of my post. What to do to reduce the number of kids born with estranged parents and therefore into lower incomes? Slipper slope is income. Once you start the descent into lower economic brackets there IS no help getting back out of it.
Spaying/neutering humans is NOT the answer to reduce welfare rolls.

Education is the answer, but you haven't ONCE mentioned that.

It has nothing to do with sex specifically, and everything to do with ignorance. (in general, intentionally omitting those that are receiving assistance due to a temp condition, or gross medical issue, etc...)

If you are ignorant, you make poor choices, you make less money, you have a harder life. If you are educated, you make better choices based on that education, and thus make more money, and have a better life w/o welfare.

Easy peasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates