Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 10:34 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,380,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I've been VERY specific about where the 46 million number comes from. It comes straight from the Census Bureau. For those of you who are mentally challenged, the Census Bureau is NOT the media. And you can save your crap talk about FoxNews. I have no idea when the last time was that I ever watched it. I'm talking about the United States Census Bureau.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2008pubs/p60-235.pdf

The BBC, on the other hand, is yet another of those British Trash Tabloids. These idiots can look at the official Census Bureau information - that says 46 million - and still claim it's 60 million.

How ANYBODY can be STUPID enough to believe a tabloid like the BCC - and do so over the actual information - is beyond me.
Do you even know what a tabloid is? It's like the trashy National Enquirer. Since you don't know what the BBC is - British Broadcasting Corporation - tv and radio.

Look up the definition of estimate. Estimate - educated guess not hard fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Hey by the way, why not dispense with your childish little nonsensical digs about "typical evangelical conservative" and "faux news." You're doing nothing but making a complete fool of yourself when you engage in that kind of garbage.
So it's okay for you to call me a crazy liberal in a variety of ways (like liberal is a bad word), but I can't call you what you've shown yourself to be?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:15 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
Do you even know what a tabloid is? It's like the trashy National Enquirer. Since you don't know what the BBC is - British Broadcasting Corporation - tv and radio.

Look up the definition of estimate. Estimate - educated guess not hard fact.
Yes, I know what a tabloid is. It is a rag organization - feigning as a news organization - that just makes up crap and reports it.

The BBC is obviously one such organization. The United States Census Bureau says there are 46 million uninsured Americans. The BBC doesn't like that number, so they decide to pull 60 million out of their butts.

Yes, THAT is a tabloid rag! How anybody can believe the BBC any more than they'd believe The National Enquirer is beyond me. No wonder there are so many stupid people in the world!

Old 02-10-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
So it's okay for you to call me a crazy liberal in a variety of ways (like liberal is a bad word), but I can't call you what you've shown yourself to be?
If you're going to call me names, at least be smart enough to get your childish little name calling into the right ball park.

That'd be a start.

But I know that's too much to ask.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Good Lord, this is amazing. We now have to consult Omaha Rocks to find out whether the BBC is a reputable news organization, in other words, whether the BBC reports what Omaha Rocks authorizes as valid news.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Good Lord, this is amazing. We now have to consult Omaha Rocks to find out whether the BBC is a reputable news organization, in other words, whether the BBC reports what Omaha Rocks authorizes as valid news.
When the BBC outright lies about the findings of the United States Census Bureau, that pretty much says it all.

The United States Census Bureau says 46 million (admitting that even that is exaggerated), but the BBC doesn't like that number so they just claim 60 million.

I'm just calling attention to the facts that you and your twin lung refuse to see.

That is all.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
He's never heard of the BBC! Guess he leads a sheltered life and has zero interest in anything outside of the wheatfields of Nebraska.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
When the BBC outright lies about the findings of the United States Census Bureau, that pretty much says it all.

The United States Census Bureau says 46 million (admitting that even that is exaggerated), but the BBC doesn't like that number so they just claim 60 million.

I'm just calling attention to the facts that you and your twin lung refuse to see.

That is all.
The sources used on the BBC were US politicians.

BTW, the census bureau numbers are from 2007 and in case you haven't noticed many millions have lost jobs and health insurance in the last couple of years.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
there are so many stupid people in the world!
Yes, I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how many there are!!

Old 02-10-2010, 11:35 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
The latest census bureau number of 46.6 million without insurance, and that was from 2005, a year in which there was a significant increase over previous years, which gives us five years of undocumented Americans who have lost their jobs (and of course their insurance) in the meantime. That would very easily swell the number to near 50-million. In addition, there are 5-million Americans living overseas, who mostly have no insurance that will cover them while abroad. That would bring the number to the 55-million neighborhood. Many of those Americans chose to live abroad precisely because they could not affort the cost of medical care or insurance stateside. Many of those are disgruntled Vietnam and Desert vets, who discovered when they got home that the VA reneged on agreements to provide medical care after discharge.

All of which is BS because Master Genius Omaha Rocks, sitting in his living room, securely insulated from the real world, says it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates