Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:02 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,627,270 times

Advertisements

Even if the stories in those European newspapers are nothing but fear and propaganda, they are printing this stuff because there is a true distrust that we would pull something like this, because we have some politicians who stand there saying we should bomb Iran. For outsiders who don't know how much power some of these people hold, they don't really know what that means- for all they know it means it is truly an option on the table that we are considering, if not already planning to carry out.
It is stupid for anyone here to ever consider attacking Iran, but the warmongering Republicans would love nothing more than a 3rd war- they don't believe in any other form of foreign policy and engagement, after all, and don't care what it costs us in global image, lives lost, and of course money (and the lack of funding for anything at all here at home that it would cause, as we've already seen from funneling over a trillion dollars to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 11:19 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Even if the stories in those European newspapers are nothing but fear and propaganda, they are printing this stuff because there is a true distrust that we would pull something like this, because we have some politicians who stand there saying we should bomb Iran. For outsiders who don't know how much power some of these people hold, they don't really know what that means- for all they know it means it is truly an option on the table that we are considering, if not already planning to carry out.
It is stupid for anyone here to ever consider attacking Iran, but the warmongering Republicans would love nothing more than a 3rd war- they don't believe in any other form of foreign policy and engagement, after all, and don't care what it costs us in global image, lives lost, and of course money (and the lack of funding for anything at all here at home that it would cause, as we've already seen from funneling over a trillion dollars to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan).
Nice partisan rant.

So who, specifically, are these politicians who are saying we should bomb Iran? What is the context in which they are saying it?

And yes, I want to see links. Proof.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:28 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,882 times
today i got this letter from school:

Our school has always provided each of our students with school planners/agendas. Within these planners are our school rules, dress code, policies, etc. But most importantly, they contain daily calendars where students write down their daily homework assignments, project due dates and special notes. These planners are read daily by both the students and their parents and are instrumental in students’ educational success. Unfortunately, due to the severe budget cuts to our schools, we are at risk of not being able to provide these for our students anymore.

This is where you and your company can help! We are seeking paid advertisements from companies such as yours that would benefit from placing an ad in these student planners. Money raised will be used to provide these planners to all of our students at no charge to them! These Ads will be seen daily by the students and the parents. What better way to advertise.

no money for education,for school planners and agendas and school planners and agendas are very important for children (what a financial misery and diaster in educational system)..but money for this:

YouTube - US ships arms, in preparation for war?

Old 04-19-2010, 02:30 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,882 times
i have great american friends whose brothers,husbands have to leave right now...my heart for the american soldgiers,who have to fight a war,they do not really believe in it any more and who leaves behind so many sad hearts of spouses,parents,children with so many porblems and a country in a terrible financial misery..

YouTube - Here Without You - American Soldier Dedication

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDh5eoiRJlk&feature=fvw

Last edited by Buburuza13; 04-19-2010 at 02:48 PM..

Old 04-19-2010, 02:33 PM

Well... I guess if it's on YouTube it is factually correct.

End of story.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:57 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post

So who, specifically, are these politicians who are saying we should bomb Iran? What is the context in which they are saying it?

And yes, I want to see links. Proof.
Well, in the first 30 seconds of googling, I found Lindsay Graham and Saxby Chambliss. Do you think I consider you to be worth another 30 seconds of my time?

GOP senators: US, not Israel, should attack Iran ‘if necessary’ | Raw Story (http://rawstory.com/2009/2009/10/attack-iran-before-israel/ - broken link)

Old 04-19-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Well, in the first 30 seconds of googling, I found Lindsay Graham and Saxby Chambliss. Do you think I consider you to be worth another 30 seconds of my time?

GOP senators: US, not Israel, should attack Iran ‘if necessary’ | Raw Story (http://rawstory.com/2009/2009/10/attack-iran-before-israel/ - broken link)
Out of context.

You fail.

Again.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Out of context.

You fail.

Again.
From the transcript of the Republican debate during the campaign for the 2008 election, broadcast on CNN:

Blitzer: If it came down to a preemptive US strike against Iran’s nuclear facility, if necessary would you authorize as president the use of tactical nuclear weapons?

[California Congressman Duncan] Hunter: I would authorize the use of tactical nuclear weapons if there was no other way to preempt those particular centrifuges.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
From the transcript of the Republican debate during the campaign for the 2008 election, broadcast on CNN:

Blitzer: If it came down to a preemptive US strike against Iran’s nuclear facility, if necessary would you authorize as president the use of tactical nuclear weapons?

[California Congressman Duncan] Hunter: I would authorize the use of tactical nuclear weapons if there was no other way to preempt those particular centrifuges.
LOL! Really had to stretch for that one didn't you?

Again, context.

You fail. Again.

Time for your suppository and jammies. Nitey Nite.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
LOL! Really had to stretch for that one didn't you?

Again, context.

You fail. Again.

Time for your suppository and jammies. Nitey Nite.
I've blown you out of the water, and everyone here is laughing their asses off at you. As usual. Sleep tight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates