Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 11:34 AM

1,122 posts, read 2,316,601 times

Advertisements

Ok, I was doing some reading online and had come across some articles while researching something else that talked about a bunch of other race on white crime but the police refused to label it a hate crime and it did not garner much media time either because it was not polically correct to do so.

I guess I am very anti-racist in every way down to the point where I will not use the word caucasian to describe European Americans and I have a very difference family and friends. But when I hear this kind of crap it just makes me so ticked off. I understand and sympathize with the issues of race in the past and present but I can not feel right turning a blind eye when it is the tables are turned.

Hate is hate and hate breeds hate; ignoring it only makes it worse.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:38 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,618 times
This is why I am against "hate crime" legislation. It is not used across the board. Too many crimes are perpetrated against whites that are not called hate crimes. It seems hate crimes can only be against a minority. This is crap! Racism is racism and it's all wrong!

Old 11-02-2009, 11:38 AM

871 posts, read 1,630,979 times
yes, there is hate crime committed on white people.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:18 PM

78,395 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik_becky View Post
Ok, I was doing some reading online and had come across some articles while researching something else that talked about a bunch of other race on white crime but the police refused to label it a hate crime and it did not garner much media time either because it was not polically correct to do so.

I guess I am very anti-racist in every way down to the point where I will not use the word caucasian to describe European Americans and I have a very difference family and friends. But when I hear this kind of crap it just makes me so ticked off. I understand and sympathize with the issues of race in the past and present but I can not feel right turning a blind eye when it is the tables are turned.

You will be happy to know that you got some wrong information.

Hate Crime - Crime in the United States 2004 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_04/offenses_reported/hate_crime/index.html - broken link)

One interesting thing about the data (granted this is just 2004) but a VERY disproportionate number of the crimes were anti-black as were a disproportionate number of the perpetrators.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:

This is a perfect example of why all the hate-crimes legislation is complete crap.

Murder is murder, regardless of what color the perpetrator of victim is.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You will be happy to know that you got some wrong information.

Hate Crime - Crime in the United States 2004 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_04/offenses_reported/hate_crime/index.html - broken link)

One interesting thing about the data (granted this is just 2004) but a VERY disproportionate number of the crimes were anti-black as were a disproportionate number of the perpetrators.
Thanks for the link. The dispute is that most hate crimes against white people are not classified as a hate crime as it is considered not politically correct so that when the data is collected, it is a poor representation of the facts. I guess that state that European descent Americans will be a minority by 2027 will have to happen before we start to face the reality of it all.

I have a strong hatred to any and all racism. Like I've said before, we've got every major nationality in our family and among our friends. When I hear of something happening to them, I am just livid. I guess I figured there was hate crime against those with white skin but I never realized that they were not protected with the same laws.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,465 times
Quote:
Thanks for the link. The dispute is that most hate crimes against white people are not classified as a hate crime as it is considered not politically correct so that when the data is collected, it is a poor representation of the facts. I guess that state that European descent Americans will be a minority by 2027 will have to happen before we start to face the reality of it all.

I have a strong hatred to any and all racism. Like I've said before, we've got every major nationality in our family and among our friends. When I hear of something happening to them, I am just livid. I guess I figured there was hate crime against those with white skin but I never realized that they were not protected with the same laws.
Show me one example of a black hate crime against a white person purley because of the color of his skin.
In case you forgot: Lynching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
Show me one example of a black hate crime against a white person purley because of the color of his skin.
In case you forgot: Lynching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wow! Such ignornace....you think that white people hate other races but none of those races hate other races? Do you really think that light skinned people are not the subject of hate crimes?

As far as your link, I never discounted the reality and brutality of hate crimes against ANY race, black or otherwise, nor did I down play the impact that any one kind of hate crime.

I am simply shocked that hate crimes against those who are white are not documented as so. It makes me sad that I might be less protected by the law than other members of my own family.

As for one example: Reginald Denny...go look it up. And It not the actor either.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:45 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,465 times
Quote:
Wow! Such ignornace....you think that white people hate other races but none of those races hate other races? Do you really think that light skinned people are not the subject of hate crimes?

As far as your link, I never discounted the reality and brutality of hate crimes against ANY race, black or otherwise, nor did I down play the impact that any one kind of hate crime.

I am simply shocked that hate crimes against those who are white are not documented as so. It makes me sad that I might be less protected by the law than other members of my own family.

As for one example: Reginald Denny...go look it up. And It not the actor either.
Those guys were arrested,prosecuted, and served time. And it was other black folk that helped him.
Reginald Denny incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-02-2009, 06:47 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Discrimination falls into this category also. Affirmative action discriminates against one group of people to supposedly help another.

If we were to start an organization like the White Chamber of Commerce similar to the Black or Hispanic Chambers there would mass complaints.

All races deserve equal treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates