Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 10:28 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times

Advertisements

And now we'll see how this goes but I don't care. You've been proved a liar. Done deal.

See how your threads go from now on.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:15 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
And now we'll see how this goes but I don't care. You've been proved a liar. Done deal.

See how your threads go from now on.
All anyone has to do to see the truth is to read my first post, and see what I actually said, and then follow what you said about that post and my subsequent posts. For one thing, you confused what the article said... which I described as overblown... with my personal comments. And you misquoted me after I corrected you. Again and again and again.

As a simple example, I never said this simple invention was THE answer to world hunger, though you kept beating that theme card as though I had, even after I corrected you. You played that trick over and over. Again, that's easy to check.

Then several people showed up to join your side of the argument, who were apparently new to the Green Living forum, in fact one was brand new to City Data forum, but who adopted exactly the same misinterpretation of what I was talking about as you were pushing, and who immediately started bashing me on your behalf too. Coincidence?

Meanwhile the long time regulars here who have been posting on Green Living on a regular basis have stayed away from participating in this this thread. Why? Think it could possibly be because of the brawl you turned it into?

And now you come down to making a threat, implying that you'll call down the same mugging on anything else I post here. Really? Really? That's how low you are willing to go just to try to dominate the Green Living forum and grind me into the dust here? Really?

Sorry, I don't respond well to that type of bullying. And sooner or later I think your misbehavior here will catch up to you. But as I said, my conscience is clear, and I'll just go on doing the same thing I've been doing for the last 4 years... talking straight and advocating for kindness and polite debate here.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:59 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,521,443 times
Anyone seen the Green Living forum? I keep getting the Politics and Other Controversies forum when I click on the Green Living Forum link... <sigh>

Anyways - anything that is non-toxic, cheap, and allows food to stay fresh longer has my vote. Now that I live in AK getting fresh anything is expensive and difficult at best. And a lot of things are ripening as they are being shipped and not "on the vine/tree and in the sun" so the taste is bland at times. If the food lasts a lot longer then it can get barged up instead of flown or trucked which is a heck of a lot cheaper.

So there is my biased opinion since it directly affects me.

I am not going to jump into the world hunger, politcal arena... I think you all beat that horse to death several times over in this thread.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:04 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Anyone seen the Green Living forum? I keep getting the Politics and Other Controversies forum when I click on the Green Living Forum link... <sigh>

Anyways - anything that is non-toxic, cheap, and allows food to stay fresh longer has my vote. Now that I live in AK getting fresh anything is expensive and difficult at best. And a lot of things are ripening as they are being shipped and not "on the vine/tree and in the sun" so the taste is bland at times. If the food lasts a lot longer then it can get barged up instead of flown or trucked which is a heck of a lot cheaper.

So there is my biased opinion since it directly affects me.

I am not going to jump into the world hunger, politcal arena... I think you all beat that horse to death several times over in this thread.
Thanks Dakster, for a down to earth reaction to this promising invention, much like my own. Not everyone is in a position to buy their food at Whole Foods.

And even if they are, I'll bet a lot of people would feel like me... happy if the fresh fruit I brought home would just stay fresh a bit longer without going moldy or rotting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living