Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2016, 06:50 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

Is believing in a fraud such as man-made "climate change" mandatory? Do you really think that if Paris is adhered to the temperature at any time or place in the future will be lowered for a single day by a single degree?

Deniers do not belong in a conversation about the scientific issues regarding the environment. Anyone who says anthropogenic climate change is a "fraud" is a denier. If you wanted to debate the degree of ACC, or the potential outcomes, that would be one thing. But a flat out denier is ignoring fact.

Climate change is fact. The measurability of Milankovitch cycles is fact. The presence of anthropogenic greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is fact.

If you refuse to acknowledge these facts, you don't belong in rational discussion about climate and the environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 07:06 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,687,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
You are aware that President Obama was not running?

Only one of my close liberalish friends was for Hillary. It seemed in my limited experience that people supported Hillary and Trump similarly. Almost everyone I spoke with wanted a better candidate. That seemed to be the most uniting thing in this election. I personally thought Hillary would win and was shocked she did not. If she would have won I would not have been happy or proud. I guess I would feel a lot like a do now.
Only pointed out how things have changed in the course of 8 years... from the total exuberance 8 years ago among the same group of coworkers...

Kennedy has been dead for decades and I still know people with his picture on the wall... go figure?

Old 11-16-2016, 07:29 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,490,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Deniers do not belong in a conversation about the scientific issues regarding the environment. Anyone who says anthropogenic climate change is a "fraud" is a denier. If you wanted to debate the degree of ACC, or the potential outcomes, that would be one thing. But a flat out denier is ignoring fact.

Climate change is fact. The measurability of Milankovitch cycles is fact. The presence of anthropogenic greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is fact.

If you refuse to acknowledge these facts, you don't belong in rational discussion about climate and the environment.
I do not deny climate change. Do you deny that there was climate change on this planet before humans or even mammals? Because there was.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:34 AM

The difference is now there is profit in it...

Old 11-16-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Only pointed out how things have changed in the course of 8 years... from the total exuberance 8 years ago among the same group of coworkers...

Kennedy has been dead for decades and I still know people with his picture on the wall... go figure?
It says more about these particular candidates.

The Obama Campaign was a once in a lifetime magical movement. I did not vote for him but the first election was a very magical time IMHO. I was excited.

I know people with a picture of their cat on a wall.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
It says more about these particular candidates.

The Obama Campaign was a once in a lifetime magical movement. I did not vote for him but the first election was a very magical time IMHO. I was excited.

I know people with a picture of their cat on a wall.
But how many with presidents?

The offices and lobby of the Hospital all had pictures for President Obama or the President and his family...

I've never seen that before so I would have to agree with the magic.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
But how many with presidents?

The offices and lobby of the Hospital all had pictures for President Obama or the President and his family...

I've never seen that before so I would have to agree with the magic.
I am not sure if hospitals have pictures of the President somewhere. I am used to seeing the picture of the current President on walls with the chain of command. If I saw this in a hospital I would not think twice.

Having a picture of President Kennedy on your wall is more similar to having one of Washington, Lincoln or even Napoleon or Churchill than it is President Obama or President Bush IMHO. He now seems to be more of a historical figure than a current figure.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:03 AM

The employee breakroom has had a picture of the Presidential First Family for 8 years...

One of the vendors asked if it was going to be replaced with the a picture of Trump and family...

Two nurses became incensed with one almost hysterical... she wanted to report the vendor and have him barred from coming back... and this is all he said.

These are two professional women... one early 30's and one mid 50's...

It just seems people have lost all tolerance...

I'm sure the Obama First Family picture will come down with a prohibition on any replacement...

Old 11-16-2016, 10:57 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
It can easily swing back in 4 years but IMHO it took a lot of dissatisfaction to get people to vote for Trump. There must be some policies that really angered a lot of people.
And there are Trump proposals that anger a lot of people and he isn't even President yet. He's starting behind the eight ball.

Last edited by mkpunk; 11-16-2016 at 11:52 AM..

Old 11-16-2016, 11:19 AM

635 posts, read 784,695 times
Funny! Each of us just does what we can. I know it is hard to believe but the Republicans like clean air and water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living