Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,256 times

Advertisements

Not sure what to tell you--- I would sure call a nutritionist, they can help you through and they will give you a diagnosis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 08:41 AM

628 posts, read 2,070,431 times
Organic food is not necessarily better for your waistline.
Minimize dairy consumption, especially cheese, which is high in saturated fat.
Make the focus of your meals vegetables, fruit, legumes and Whole Grains and you will lose the weight.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,488 times
eating organic and rejecting all named fat free,low fat becouse of the toxins those have are the best think in the world,try to buy grassfed meats,those are so much lean and super healthy,organic chicken or pasture chicken are the best,pasture eggs the real omega 3 in it, change your oil I only use cococut oil, olive oil for cooking, and sunfloweroil of making mayonaise "yes" make your own mayonaise you control the toxins and the fat,eating organic made me slim I don't eat,sweets, just tea with brown organic sugar, and water or lemonade, non sodas,I eat sprouded breads, organic pasta,just control the portions,and excersise organic foods is to be healthy and without eating GMO's good luck.

Last edited by milie; 06-30-2012 at 11:11 AM..

Old 06-30-2012, 01:30 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
Has anyone else had this problem? I eat primarily an organic diet and I feel like I'm gaining, not losing weight. I think when I bought more processed foods, I used to go for the diet, unnatural stuff a lot (i.e., fat free yogurt, fat free mayo, low calorie bread, etc). I've never been a soda drinker so it's not like I filled up on diet soda all day. I only drink milk, water, coffee, or tea. What am I doing wrong? By the way, I switched to a primarily organic diet about 2 years ago. When I look at the packages, a lot of the stuff seems high fat, high calorie. I know if I just ate salads and fish all day I wouldn't have a problem but I also like grains, dairy, lean meat, fruit. Help!
Why would switching to organic food make a difference, unless you're eating more calories or carbs? If your diet hasn't changed, you shouldn't be gaining weight. There is fat free organic yogurt and milk. Read the packages on different breads to see the carb content. There can be a huge difference. Look at a wide variety of breads, including non-wheat breads. Maybe with the change to organic foods, you've tried some new recipes that are more calorific, or more carby?

Old 06-30-2012, 01:59 PM

72 posts, read 170,583 times
GI index matters for bodybuilders trying to go from 7 to 9% bodyfat. Same with macronutrient distribution.

Calories in vs calories out.

The end. That's it. That's all. No nuance, no secrets.

Minutia: higher percentages of protein combined with leafy vegetables will make it easier to curb hunger. There are a variety of little tricks to help you stay within your caloric range, but none of it is important. The only thing that really matters in terms of weight loss is caloric intake.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:57 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,380,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Level Internetting View Post
Calories in vs calories out.

The end. That's it. That's all. No nuance, no secrets.
If you're a computer, that's all that matters.

But if you are a typical human being, with specific tastes, and feelings, and emotions, there is a lot more to it...

Back on topic, I've found that even though some organic real foods have more calories than chemical-laden fake foods, they're also more satisfying - so if you concentrate on how good everything tastes, you may find you need less to feel satisfied - and so you'll consume less calories. It's worth a try!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:39 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
Has anyone else had this problem? I eat primarily an organic diet and I feel like I'm gaining, not losing weight. I think when I bought more processed foods, I used to go for the diet, unnatural stuff a lot (i.e., fat free yogurt, fat free mayo, low calorie bread, etc). I've never been a soda drinker so it's not like I filled up on diet soda all day. I only drink milk, water, coffee, or tea. What am I doing wrong? By the way, I switched to a primarily organic diet about 2 years ago. When I look at the packages, a lot of the stuff seems high fat, high calorie. I know if I just ate salads and fish all day I wouldn't have a problem but I also like grains, dairy, lean meat, fruit. Help!
Going organic has nothing to do with loosing weight,
that is a great deception brought on by misleading fear
from the green living / organic growing / vegetarians, etc. groups.

Cutting done on the amount of food
you eat, does help loose weight.

Carbs make you fatter ! ! !

Eating meat does not make you fat ! ! !

Eating more than you need makes you fat ! ! !

Eating more protine than you need
will make you gain weight also ! ! !

Old 07-01-2012, 11:28 AM

224 posts, read 828,427 times
There was a link on here about organics. In the article it stated some organic meats had been found to be much higher fat content than conventional so in that regards organic wasn't necessarily healthier. The same article also shared how commercial organic farms still use pesticides & some more toxic than conventional farming which was quite an eyeopener.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:08 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times
*cough*Exercise*cough*

Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 AM

15 posts, read 20,288 times
I don't think having organic food only can only be the reason to gain the weight. Yes, it may be the calories you are taking could be more than you can burn in a day. So make your diet plan according to the workout you can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living